Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are you loyal to any video game companies?

There are probably video game companies that each of us is more fond of than others. But would you say that there is a developer, publisher or hardware manufacturer that you are actually “loyal” to? Like you feel an emotional urge to defend them in an argument, for example? If so, which companies, and how did they obtain your dedication?

@Alyxx @killamch89 @The Blackangel @DylanC @kingpotato @skyfire @Executor Akamia

I can't say there are any I'm particularly loyal to. I can't say there are any that I'm opposed to. I have said on more than one occasion that I don't like Xbox, but I still use a PC. A lot of people call LJN the abomination of the video game universe. But there ae still a couple LJN games that I like. Such as Friday The 13th (NES) and T&C Surf Designs (NES). The closest I've ever come to loyalty would be that I've always been a Nintendo fan. More so than Sega, PlayStation, or even Atari. But still, I don't limit my gaming to Nintendo.

Nintendo are probably the ones I'm most eager to defend in any situation although they aren't perfect and I have criticised them on multiple occasions. That being said I do love their products.

I'm also a huge fan of 3D Realms and an active member on their discord. So that's probably the company I have the most loyalty for.

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am more loyal to video games than the companies though. for example, some games from EA are good but EA itself is pretty much evil. So I am kind of attracted to the end product they make. 

Yeah I would say I'm mostly in the same boat. I love video games, but not always the publishers and developers.

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am more loyal to video games than the companies though. for example, some games from EA are good but EA itself is pretty much evil. So I am kind of attracted to the end product they make. 

You make a very good point. You don’t have to like a company to like a product. I absolutely hate Walmart, but still shop there because it’s convenient and they honestly do have the best prices. Also I’m not a fan of Glocks, not because of anything mechanical, just because I find them unattractive. They’re some of the highest quality handguns you can own, I just don’t like their cosmetic appearance. Another is I don’t like Matthew Santoro, but I enjoy most of his videos.