Register Now
Jayson

Too Much Gaming!

There was this obscure true story about some guy who died while gaming.  He was a person gaming all the time - maybe only to take a bathroom breaks.  Anyway, what do you feel is too much?  Myself, I think gaming - and other sedentary things - should be balanced with hard physical exercise.

Physical exercise is somewhat impossible for some people. Myself being one. I’m in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I have advanced muscular dystrophy. It deteriorates the body’s muscular system and is a terminal disease. I’ll die in a wheelchair. I don’t have many options to stay occupied or entertained anymore. I can’t work due to the MD. I’m stuck at home.

There was a kid, I think in South Korea, that dropped dead at a gaming café after playing 51 hours straight of an online game without breaks, except maybe to go to the bathroom. I don't remember which game he was playing. I know here in the states gaming cafes always have a closing time. Usually somewhere from 10pm to midnight. And normally they don't open until somewhere from noon until midafternoon. I used to hang out at one, just for something to do back when Diablo II was the hot new thing.

I heard a story about a south korean guy who basically lived in a Internet cafe playing an online PC game, the guy died from a heart attack because of his bad health and diet, he only ate instant food and he basically sitting playing all day long. 
Me and my friends back in highschool sometimes we got together a friends house and played all night long , sometimes Halo, Gears of War, COD or Diablo. But yeah there was always a limit as to how much we could play videogames.

On 10/1/2019 at 11:43 PM, kingpotato said:

I heard a story about a south korean guy who basically lived in a Internet cafe playing an online PC game, the guy died from a heart attack because of his bad health and diet, he only ate instant food and he basically sitting playing all day long. 
Me and my friends back in highschool sometimes we got together a friends house and played all night long , sometimes Halo, Gears of War, COD or Diablo. But yeah there was always a limit as to how much we could play videogames.

Yeah, that was what I was referring to.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:29 AM, skyfire said:

Pain in fingers usually gives me indication, I mostly play MOBA on small screen. I am in my early 30s. 

How about strained eyes?  Well, there's glasses for that.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, Alyxx said:

I'm over 30 and I can do more easily XD

Even if young, I wouldn't risk abusive gaming.

7 hours ago, Jayson said:

Yeah, that was what I was referring to.

How about strained eyes?  Well, there's glasses for that.

What if you already have glasses or other headache issues without it? That's why overdoing is painful.