Register Now
Jayson

Used Game Market - vs New Game Market

Being a classic gamer, used is my only avenue. And once a company releases a new system, games stop being made for the previous one. So they stop making money from the old stuff. Sony isn’t making money from PS2 games anymore, and Nintendo isn’t making money from N64 games anymore. So I highly doubt they give a shit. And considering that we’re in the classic/flashback era of systems, the real thing only exists for those of us who were there at launch.

Edited by The Blackangel

I tend to buy my games used, but I do make exceptions for games that I really like, for example I purchased God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and Resident Evil 7 brand new. Now I rarely buy games at launch, I did with a few and I didnt end up liking them like for example with Assassins creed 3.

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly, I know plenty of Switch users as well and I can't even get one at a reasonable price because they aren't willing to give one up.

Check Craigslist. There's always tons of Switch's for sale on there, and usually for a really good price.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:58 AM, skyfire said:

I think with digital games it has become harder to resell the games. And also some publishers and developers have this DRM which makes transfering harder. That's why people sell the steam and other accounts. 

I wonder how much a challenge that used gaming is to the digital market?  Well, actually, as you say, the digital market is the powerful one.

On 10/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, killamch89 said:

I bought used games back when I had consoles and the games were physical copies but now that I own a gaming PC and a tablet, I have no choice but to get brand new games.

There's no used PC game market?

On 9/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, The Blackangel said:

Being a classic gamer, used is my only avenue. And once a company releases a new system, games stop being made for the previous one. So they stop making money from the old stuff. Sony isn’t making money from PS2 games anymore, and Nintendo isn’t making money from N64 games anymore. So I highly doubt they give a shit. And considering that we’re in the classic/flashback era of systems, the real thing only exists for those of us who were there at launch.

I wonder if that's the same deal with the used and free, maybe sometimes illegal - movie and music market.