Register Now
killamch89

Nintendo Has Jumped On The Bandwagon...

9 hours ago, Alyxx said:

They sure have jumped on the microtransaction bandwagon and it's kinda disappointing... 😕

I'm extremely disappointed as well because Nintendo has been providing quality games for decades and now they are going down the path of destruction as well...I usually stick up for Nintendo in most discussions and use them as "the great example of what gaming should be" but I'll have to stop doing that.

I will say there is a silver lining. So far this hasn't severely affected their main games, only spinoff titles that are mobile games or freemium. And the DLC in Smash Bros Ultimate doesn't really negatively impact the game.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:47 PM, Alyxx said:

I will say there is a silver lining. So far this hasn't severely affected their main games, only spinoff titles that are mobile games or freemium. And the DLC in Smash Bros Ultimate doesn't really negatively impact the game.

You have a valid point there and I really hope they don't go full EA on us because Nintendo is one of the few top gaming companies that I still love for the quality of their games.

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah some of the games continue to have some quality in their games. I just don't know if their greed will make them produce worst products. 

To be fair, this is the first time we have seen a move like this from Nintendo so it may just be a one off because they games they have been releasing are still quality.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:59 PM, killamch89 said:

To be fair, this is the first time we have seen a move like this from Nintendo so it may just be a one off because they games they have been releasing are still quality.

Considering EA can copy paste the game as is and Nintendo also going down for gacha. I don't know if future wont be any different. 

On 10/7/2019 at 2:36 AM, skyfire said:

Considering EA can copy paste the game as is and Nintendo also going down for gacha. I don't know if future wont be any different. 

I'm not sure they'll go full EA because they would be seeing the effect it is having on EA as a company so I'm not too worried.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:40 AM, Alyxx said:

I think it's just something contained to spinoff products.

To be honest, I wouldn't have known this game exists had I not seen a heated debate on Twitter about it a few weeks back. I'm not into the whole mobile game industry because it is currently a Cesspool for greedy game companies.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure they'll go full EA because they would be seeing the effect it is having on EA as a company so I'm not too worried.

To be honest, I wouldn't have known this game exists had I not seen a heated debate on Twitter about it a few weeks back. I'm not into the whole mobile game industry because it is currently a Cesspool for greedy game companies.

Same. I've entirely fell out of vogue with mobile gaming. It used to be much better when all we had was crappy Java games.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think EA needs to get more loss as you can see that is the only way to change.