Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is your longest gaming session ever?

I was reading @Jayson's thread about "too much gaming," and some of the ridiculously long gaming sessions some people have pulled around the world (and sometimes died from).

When I was a teenager though, I would often start gaming when I got home from school and continue until after midnight. That meant I was regularly gaming for like 9+ hours a day. But I stopped for dinner, and during that I was usually multi-tasking (switching between playing an MMO and working on homework), so I’m not sure that really counts as a single “session.” I doubt that even while hyperfocused, I have ever sat in one place for more than an hour or two at the outside without getting up to walk around.

What about you? What is the longest you have gamed, with or without breaks?

@skyfire @Alyxx @The Blackangel @DylanC @kingpotato @killamch89 @Executor Akamia @Jayson

When I was a kid (probably somewhere around 15-16) I decided I wanted to do a perfect run all the way through Zelda A Link To The Past. So I got on my SNES and started a new game. I only took a like 2 maybe 3 bathroom breaks and otherwise stayed on the game. Played every dungeon, got every heart piece, upped my arrow and bomb capacities all the way, and got every item. It took all day for me, but I did it and had a perfect score of zero afterward. That game was what made me burn out on gaming for a year. But hey I achieved what I wanted and now I'm back. So it's all good.

These days I take break as much as possible. Because mobile gaming has pretty much affected my wrist and also fingers have this problem of blood circulation. I am sure people who used joystick in past had similar issue. Break is definitely needed in gaming. That's why i think 2 hour a day gaming is more than enough. 

I could say I game for 10-12 hours every day, but I’m really scatterbrained and get sidetracked extremely easily. So while I may have a game up and running, sometimes I’m paying more attention to something else and the game sits paused for 30+ minutes repeatedly throughout the day. Pets come before games. When they tell me they want attention, the game gets stopped until they’re done with me.

3 hours ago, Alyxx said:

You bring up a fair point

It's History that really bored me to death - I once found myself being distracted by an ant crawling up the wall during a history session. Normally, that'd be ridiculously boring to me but inside history class, it was the equivalent of skydiving. 🤣