Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you don't play online games, what are your reasons?

It's a personal preference, everyone got his own reasons, i personally play only few games online (that i'm really good in, so i don't get trashtalked) because they are a part of my childhood and find them very chilling, another reason is that those communities became more than gaming communities for me

I play games to escape reality, and I want total immersion. Other players don't fit into that picture. There are just too many idiots in online gaming doing stupid things and acting out of character for me to enjoy online gaming. 

Heck, some online games are immersion breaking even when players don't act out of character. Like when there is a crowd of 30 players around a single npc all taking on the same quest.  Or when you see a player running the opposite direction to you every 10 seconds who has just completed the exact quest you are going on.

Nowadays, I tend to mute most casual gaming sessions just so that I don't have to hear some 12 year old swearing at his mum or some stupid stuff like that. I don't mind online games because I have had some pretty good experiences in them but the online gaming atmosphere has become extremely toxic in recent years so I usually join friends in servers we created.

I'm fine with games not having multiplayer but there are SO MANY amazing single players games that would be great for a co-op experience with a friend. I feel like we keep saying "hey this single player franchise is great, I'd love to be able to play with a friend!" and then they hand us a MMO. Like, no, that's not what I said. I didn't say I wanted to play with all my friends, and all of their friends, and those assholes over there. I do enjoy a good MMO from time to time, but that's not really what I wanted, here. I wanted co-op, to play the game I know and love side by side with just one or two hand-picked friends.

I do enjoy some online games, but only when they're with friends and I'm in a private party. Otherwise I don't play. As well, any games that require voice, I don't do anymore. So stuff like Among Us. My other reasons would be because the online community is often toxic and not worth the time. 

On 1/26/2021 at 8:50 AM, Empire said:

I'm fine with games not having multiplayer but there are SO MANY amazing single players games that would be great for a co-op experience with a friend. I feel like we keep saying "hey this single player franchise is great, I'd love to be able to play with a friend!" and then they hand us a MMO. Like, no, that's not what I said. I didn't say I wanted to play with all my friends, and all of their friends, and those assholes over there. I do enjoy a good MMO from time to time, but that's not really what I wanted, here. I wanted co-op, to play the game I know and love side by side with just one or two hand-picked friends.

Amen! I play a good number of single-player games with my sisters and my friends. That is, we take turns on the controls. They're typically very story-heavy games, so we just enjoy the story together, as if we were watching a TV show or something. A TV show with occasional boss fights xD
But it would great if more games would have modes for two or three players. I remember doing the Portal 2 co-op campaign on two separate occasions with both my sister and my friend (once I'd had enough time to forget all the puzzle solutions lol) and it was a blast both times. More stuff like that, please! I own two controllers! Let me use them!