Register Now
StaceyPowers

What video game characters do you "miss" when you're not playing their games?

Are there video game characters you “miss” like old friends you haven’t seen when you don’t play the games they are featured in?

I tend to collect followers, so I think I could say that this happens with anything I haven’t played in a while. But the characters I miss the most when not playing their game are: Ellie and Joel in TLOU, pretty much every character I like in DA games, and Booker and Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite.

Sometimes I even miss “being” certain characters. Like when I’m not playing Infinite, I miss looking at the world through Booker’s eyes and the lens of his experiences. For some reason I have a hard time identifying, I feel that way about Hawke in DA II as well.

What about you? What game characters do you miss when you’re not hanging out with them in video game land?

@killamch89 @kingpotato @Alyxx @The Blackangel @skyfire @DylanC

The whole group in FF8. Squall, Rinoa, Zell, Irvine, Selphie, and Quistis. When I shut the game off to go to bed or whatever, I always feel like I left the party early and everyone else is still hanging out having fun. Like when you're a kid and no one wants to leave because, god forbid, you be the first one to go home and then find out the next day that you missed something huge. It's that kind of thing for me with them. This next thing I'm about to say it pretty pathetic, but I'm going to say it anyway. They FF8 group are about the only family I have.

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I miss CJ from GTA San Andreas, I spent countless of hours on my ps2 and I remember I always had him in shape and well dressed xD

I second that one - I used to be boxing and doing exercises all the time to keep CJ extremely buffed. It's a shame they have never implemented those mechanics into another GTA game because it was way ahead of its time in terms of implementation.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:47 PM, The Blackangel said:

This next thing I'm about to say it pretty pathetic, but I'm going to say it anyway. They FF8 group are about the only family I have.

It's not pathetic at all. Video game characters are often like stand-in family for me too, especially in Dragon Age. It's the same for me with some TV characters as well. There are some things one looks for that are hard to come by in real life.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:37 PM, skyfire said:

For some reason I think GTA V was good game though it didn't received as much as it was supposed to be. 

It has a very solid single-player that most people enjoyed so I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only real complaint most of us had was that they never added any DLC to the single-player mode.