Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much are you willing to spend on DLCs?

While reading this thread by @Jayson, I was thinking about how even though I buy most of my games used to save money, i still end up shelling out a ton of cash on DLCs.

In fact, I am willing to wager 70% or more of the money I have spent on video games has been spent on DLCs. It isn’t uncommon for me to get a game for $5, and then wind up spending $40 or $50 on its DLCs and expansion packs. I try to avoid this by grabbing GOTY editions whenever possible, but obviously, this isn’t always an option (or I just miss the opportunity).

I usually buy DLCs piecemeal whenever possible, i.e. one $5 DLC here and another there, and then when I’m at the grocery store, I just think, “Okay, what $5 grocery item do I not really need this week.”

So, for any one game, how much money are you willing to spend on the DLCs? I seem to lose my patience after around $40 (for whatever arbitrary reason), but then, thankfully I usually have bought all the DLCs I want by that point.

Depends on the game and how much I’m really into it. I tend to always wait for sales for stuff (and I also get PSN credit via cdkeys so I can effectively double up on savings), so I mostly pick up dlc in a sale. Games like Fallout, Skyrim etc usually have really vast, meaningful dlc (and I love those kinda games too). That said, I never bought The Witcher 3’s dlc because the base game was just so damn big in the first place, lol.

In all, I’m usually willing to spend around £5-£10 for dlc.

Edited by DylanC

10 hours ago, DylanC said:

Depends on the game and how much I’m really into it. I tend to always wait for sales for stuff (and I also get PSN credit via cdkeys so I can effectively double up on savings), so I mostly pick up dlc in a sale. Games like Fallout, Skyrim etc usually have really vast, meaningful dlc (and I love those kinda games too). That said, I never bought The Witcher 3’s dlc because the base game was just so damn big in the first place, lol.

The Witcher 3 DlCs are awesome - it's a shame I can't play it that much because of the lack of optimization for PC.

10 hours ago, DylanC said:

I feel the same regarding the Witcher's DLC, I remember when I went to purchase the game at GameStop the base game was for 14 dollars but the complete edition was 38 dlls.