Register Now
StaceyPowers

What video games/series are you loyal to?

In this thread, @skyfire, @Alyxx and @The Blackangel mentioned that it may make more sense to be loyal to video games than to video game companies.

I’m not sure I’d really say I am “loyal” per say to a particular franchise, because like a company, it may be subject to very large changes.

But, perhaps I can relate in some way, as I may be more likely to try and look past flaws and appreciate bright spots in weaker games in a series if I love the series overall.

What video games/series are you loyal to?

For me I would say I'm loyal to The Legend Of Zelda. Granted there are several that I flat out don't like. Wind Waker was too cartoony, Twilight Princess was just annoying with the whole wolf bullshit and the forced ability cutaways, Skyward Sword wasn't even a Zelda game. Those 3 I don't play. But aside from them, I'm a die hard fan, and have beaten almost every other Zelda game with just a few exceptions. I haven't beaten Oracle Of Seasons/Ages, Minish Cap, and BOTW. But that's because I just got into playing them recently. Older games from NES through N64 I have beaten. I did beat 4 Swords on GameCube as well, even though it wasn't really a true Zelda game either. But then again, neither was Majoras Mask, and I played the hell out of it. I'm not counting ROM-Hacks in this list. I have 2 out of the 3 that are available on SNES, and the games are so god damn hard I honestly wonder even IF I'll ever beat them.

8 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I was thinking a lot about this question , but in retrospective I dont think I'm loyal to any video game franchise, for most franchises I have few of each but not all of them.

I only listed my favorite series or the ones I'd at least consider but I'm not sure loyal is the right word. I'd go more along the lines of being a fan.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I only listed my favorite series or the ones I'd at least consider but I'm not sure loyal is the right word. I'd go more along the lines of being a fan.

Yeah same here. It's more fitting to say I am a fan of certain franchises.

That I'm loyal to? Hmm, well I'd say the Super Mario Bros. Series, mainly the NES/SNES and classics. I will play pretty much any new Mario game I can though. 😄 

GTA as well, but to be honest, it has lost my interest over the years. I will usually play them, beat them, test out online for a while and then be done until the next game releases. 

Others are; Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Batman Arkham Series, and more. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That I'm loyal to? Hmm, well I'd say the Super Mario Bros. Series, mainly the NES/SNES and classics. I will play pretty much any new Mario game I can though. 😄 

GTA as well, but to be honest, it has lost my interest over the years. I will usually play them, beat them, test out online for a while and then be done until the next game releases. 

Others are; Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Batman Arkham Series, and more. 

The Arkham series is a really good call as well. I wonder if development on the new game has started already because if I'm not mistaken, Warner Brothers did confirm they were working on another one some time ago.

It's interesting that you guys brought up the Arkham series, because I have to wonder if some of that loyalty is just general loyalty to the Batman franchise in general, outside of that specific series of games? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good series. But the only reason I started playing it in the first place was because I'm just generally loyal to the Batman franchise, even though I'm really not a fan of superhero stuff in general.