Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you love to do in video games that you can't do IRL?

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Technically speaking, a civilian can own and drive a tank as long as the gun is disabled to the point of being only a decoration, and non fixable.

True I,'ve heard about that law, I think there was even a guy who owned a tank and he rented it for proms and stuff like that. Also I believe they have to add rubbers to the continuos track.

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

True I,'ve heard about that law, I think there was even a guy who owned a tank and he rented it for proms and stuff like that. Also I believe they have to add rubbers to the continuos track.

I don't know if they were required to modify the tracks. But I do know that as long as it didn't damage the roads, you could legally drive it down the street. But considering that it's a 40 ton war machine, I doubt that there are many public roads that a tank wouldn't completely mangle.

51 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't know if they were required to modify the tracks. But I do know that as long as it didn't damage the roads, you could legally drive it down the street. But considering that it's a 40 ton war machine, I doubt that there are many public roads that a tank wouldn't completely mangle.

That is a valid point but why would anyone want a non-functioning tank gun though? 🤣

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

That is a valid point but why would anyone want a non-functioning tank gun though? 🤣

I imagine it’s like owning a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Status symbol. Just a different kind of status symbol. The same way some women won’t own a purse that costs less than $10k, or some people won’t wear any kind of watch other than a $35k Rolex. Personally I tend to get my purses at Walmart. I only have one that I got at a department store and it was around $50. I don’t need status. I just go for what I like that’s in my price range. As for watches, I’m a Citizen snob. But that has nothing to do with any kind of status. I just love their watches.

Edited by The Blackangel

24 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Except you can't run anything over with it or fire the tank gun which takes out majority of the fun in the first place...

You can. It's just that doing so probably is gonna cause a whole lot of damage. And get some attention.

Edited by Alyxx