Register Now
Jayson

Gaming as the New Release for Aggression

I was reading this survival mag - and it was talking about how gaming had replaced the action heroes of the past.  I mean, is there any Arnold Schwarzeneggers anymore?  Well, anyway, some have blamed this on political correctness - but as mentioned, - PC hasn't really affected gaming, at least not to the extent many claim.  Anyone think a movement against macho gaming will gain real traction?

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think it definitely has replaced the heroes. And there is lot credit to netflix and other places where they brainwashed the new generation with the content. I think good old days of political non interference is not there anymore. 

Yeah, but it seems like if there's a demand for movies - the demand would be met.  Don't they even notice the large number of people who like action movies?

38 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If this is a discussion about using video games as a way to relieve stress, then Mortal Kombat has my vote. Beating the shit out of people and watching the blood fly always helps. But better than that is Soul Caliber II.

Fighting games in general are a good stress relief I feel but yeah, Mortal Kombat rocks.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:15 AM, Jayson said:

Yeah, but it seems like if there's a demand for movies - the demand would be met.  Don't they even notice the large number of people who like action movies?

I think that is also another reasons for the reboots that you see around. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Joker was pretty good too - not going to lie. It really showed the ugliest side of society and the way it triggered so many snowflakes - I love it a lot.

We have no shortage of comic book movies for sure.

17 hours ago, Alyxx said:

We have no shortage of comic book movies for sure.

I'm still trying to figure out why lamestream media was so triggered by this particular movie. Even going as far as to say it will trigger mass shootings - I tend to like what mainsstream media hates.

15 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Media always blames movies and games for tragedies. Stop holding those things accountable and start blaming the people who do these things.

To me that’s like people who scream “Guns kill”. If guns kill, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil. It’s not the object that did it. To my knowledge Mortal Kombat has never taken hostages or opened fire into a crowd. Shang Tsung is more hands on.

18 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Media always blames movies and games for tragedies. Stop holding those things accountable and start blaming the people who do these things.

My sentiments exactly!

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

To me that’s like people who scream “Guns kill”. If guns kill, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil. It’s not the object that did it. To my knowledge Mortal Kombat has never taken hostages or opened fire into a crowd. Shang Tsung is more hands on.

It's not like anyone can just walk into Walmart and buy a gun (sarcasm). Can I? I've played so many violent games but I have never had the remote idea of doing a mass shooting.