Register Now
TheSteelyardDweller

How is GreedFall?

On 10/8/2019 at 8:30 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

@DylanC think i saw u bought this. how is it?

I've put around 5 hours into it and I'm really enjoying my time with it. It's definitely the most polished Spiders game yet, and the combat system is great. Highly recommend it!

I finally beat GreedFall a couple of months ago. It's a solid RPG but just overstays its welcome in the final 5-10 hours. It feels a little too long tbh. I enjoyed it and it scratched that RPG itch, for sure. It's undoubtedly French dev Spiders' most well made game so far.

Edited by DylanC

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

I finally beat GreedFall a couple of months ago. It's a solid RPG but just overstays its welcome in the final 5-10 hours. It feels a little too long tbh. I enjoyed it and it scratched that RPG itch, for sure. It's undoubtedly French dev Spiders' most well made game so far.

I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet as I've been busy with a few other games but it does get a tad repetitive in certain areas and it's one of the main reasons I can't name it as one of the best games I've played in the past few years. 

I suppose I would recommend it but with the caveat; If you've already played every Final Fantasy, Dragon Age, Witcher and Assassins Creed, this is worth a play through. But not at full price. Everything about it feels half-cooked. The story, the characters, the graphics, the environment, all so very promising and right up my street, but didn't quite hit the mark. 

On 10/8/2019 at 8:30 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

@DylanC think i saw u bought this. how is it?

If you ever liked or played Fable and Dragon Age, then you will definitely love to get a taste of GreedFall with its action role playing and adventure gameplay. 

I gave Greedfall another shot this weekend and progressed  to the island. I have really enjoyed it. It has pleasantly surprised me. I was so close minded the first time I played it. It came off cheesy at the beginning. But once I got to exploring and doing quests and finding out what's going on in the story, I'm now hooked on the game. I can't stop playing it now. The atmosphere is incredible. The first major fight was awesome. I do take issue with the movement of the character though. The camera is extremely sensitive and moves too fast, like each turn you almost spin. But I'm getting the hang of it. The stories and setting, tone, captures my imagination and puts me in that fantasy where I just can't wait to explore the island and all the tales. It's becoming an underrated gem so far. So a lesson to be learned is to always give a game a chance.