Register Now
skyfire

Epic Games Won't ban for Political Speech

It seems some game companies are playing against one another in different way without getting much heat in return. Epic games says it is not going to censor people for voicing the left wing opinon. As if anyone was censoring for that. It seems the case is that just because it was china they plan to not censor. Imagine if someone from US has right wing opinon, I am sure EPIC games would censor him, isn't it?

What do you think?

You can read the news: https://in.ign.com/fortnite/140351/news/unlike-blizzard-epic-games-wont-ban-players-for-political-speech

Tencent - the chinese company that owns shares in Blizzard is a major shareholder in Epic Games so I don't believe them for one minute. They're just jumping on the bandwagon to try and gain some good PR because of the current reputation Epic has amongst gamers. I'd like someone to do the same thing in Fortnite that the pro player did in Heartstone and let's see how they'd respond.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:35 AM, skyfire said:

Yes obviously, I am too pretty much aware of this game. I think it's about when you want to suppress free speech that benefits specific nation, they would be standing. Otherwise they will create diversion just like in case of blizzard too. 

You do have a valid point there and yes, that is their goal and that's why you see China investing in all these companies.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

With Blizzard, Tencent going this bad. I wonder where the gaming industry is going when it comes to freedom of speech. 

Since Tencent owns a great deal of shares in the gaming industry, I think we are going to see more incidents like this in the future.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

With Blizzard, Tencent going this bad. I wonder where the gaming industry is going when it comes to freedom of speech. 

Since Tencent owns a great deal of shares in the gaming industry, I think we are going to see more incidents like this in the future.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah and even worst part that tencent being top publisher of such games, they may even limit indie games to have freedom of speech. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and even worst part that tencent being top publisher of such games, they may even limit indie games to have freedom of speech. 

If they are funded by Epic Games then they will have no choice but deal with Tencent but the more independent ones cannot be censored by Tencent at all.