Register Now
killamch89

Blizzard Facing Massive Backlash After Prioritising Money Over Free Speech

Come On Folks - Are we really that surprised they did something so despicable? Do people honestly think these gaming companies really have us the consumer's best interests at heart? (well most of them anyways). I'm glad the employees are taking action to denounce this practice.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:30 AM, skyfire said:

I think things would take a different turn if this were to be any other country. But the country they are up against, they have to double efforts on free speech. 

The problem here is Blizzard's constant change of tune trying to act like they didn't ban the player out of protecting their self interest in the chinese market because they'd have taken severe action against blizzard.

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I'm not surprised they would protect their financial interests. But it's still disgusting when the cause is about people's freedom.

The bigger picture at work here is that most of the industries in America are in fact backed by Chinese companies so if they go against the Chinese, they'll face a potential ban from doing business in that region and it is a huge market for most companies so I'm not that surprised Blizaard took that stance.

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Almost every american enterprise is outsourcing from china. So they need to stop that to get back the control. I think trump did something good on that part but left wing is to adamant and america is losing it's power due to china on that. 

China has way too much influence on western economy imo when it affects freedom of speech.

The biggest problem here in the states is the republicans. They're too concerned with tariffs and don't want to tolerate free speech if it doesn't go along with them. They're going out of their way to alienate this country. Since trump came into office, virtually every ally has completely abandoned us. And the countries that we were never particularly friendly to begin with, have too much interest in our politics. Just look at the Ukraine situation. And Russia interfering in the election. It's all about money, and not freedom. The bill of rights is almost gone, and if the republicans get their way, it will be gone.

11 hours ago, Alyxx said:

China has way too much influence on western economy imo when it affects freedom of speech.

It is why Chinese establishments are always investing in other countries - They can use that to crush any opposition/critique of their policies from other nations.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It is why Chinese establishments are always investing in other countries - They can use that to crush any opposition/critique of their policies from other nations.

Yeah. Money is power...

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The NBA, Apple and Google have all done the same thing in the space of two weeks but I am curious as to why nobody is bringing this up?

Blizzard are the only ones getting attention.