Register Now
kingpotato

PS5 might not be fully retro compatible

But like I said, if they look at historical sales numbers, the best selling consoles of all time all have had pretty decent backwards compatibility. Not saying that's why they sold so well, but it is a good selling point. If they think backwards compatibility is gonna hurt sales, then they're far too focused on software sales.

I was talking to the guy at GameStop today, and he said the PS5 is definitely reverse compatible with PS4 games, according to Sony. But as for older systems they haven’t given an official statement. But it’s expected to be reverse compatible back to PS3, due to PS3 being a blu-ray system. As for PS2 and PS1, there’s no official statement yet.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I was talking to the guy at GameStop today, and he said the PS5 is definitely reverse compatible with PS4 games, according to Sony. But as for older systems they haven’t given an official statement. But it’s expected to be reverse compatible back to PS3, due to PS3 being a blu-ray system. As for PS2 and PS1, there’s no official statement yet.

They might be doing select PS1 games on PSN like they have so far.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, some spokesman from Sony said the PS5 will be backwards compatible with all PS4 games but no confirmation on PS3 ones yet.

I'm at least expecting all ps4 games to work, I dont want to throw out my current collection

Sony has officially said that the PS5 will be 100% compatible with all PS4 games. The games have done and sold so well they wanted players to be able to continue with the games they already have. As for PS3, there's speculation, but nothing official yet. But that's only because PS3 is a Blu-ray system.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I was born with consoles and I will die among consoles!!! or maybe eventually I will get a good gaming laptop xD

Yes, Join the enlightened ones - be a PC gamer. Don't fall for the trap of exclusivity and unnecessary warranties not to mention the expense of fixing a console...

Just now, killamch89 said:

Yes, Join the enlightened ones - be a PC gamer. Don't fall for the trap of exclusivity and unnecessary warranties not to mention the expense of fixing a console...

You guys are too expensive though

Edited by kingpotato

27 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I think retro games are mostly played these days on PC. So the retro based games in emulator would be better choice over PS 5. 

Well I'm not referring to retro games, more like the retro-compatibility to play PS4 games on the PS5