Register Now
StaceyPowers

Gaming subscriptions

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think once stadia is launched many kids buying the sub would show us the clear picture of this economics going to be. 

I still don't get the appeal of paying money for stuff you can't own.

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I dont get the appeal of streaming games at all. As an optional feature I get it, as the main source for getting "your" videogames no.

Same. I think it's gonna have a niche consumer base, primarily people who are only interested in renting games and live in major cities where Internet is not a problem. But I doubt it's gonna be any game changer. 😛

Edited by Alyxx
Pun

11 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Depends on the streamer I suppose. I'm already subbing to people on Patreon so I don't feel the need to add more twitch subs to the mix.

I don't think my Twitch subs have even passed the 30 mark...Most of the content creators I watch, I am not subbed to them on more than one platform.

I subscribe to PS Plus for a year and then take a break for a few months before subbing again (I tend to play MP on my PS3/PS Vita in the this period). Saves me some money and also makes me appreciate it when I do have PS Plus.

Win, win.

Hi I totally agree with you. I think console subscriptions cost a lot. And it's not always worth the money to buy them. But well I guess you have to do this if you want to play online ... The only advice I can give you is to try to look for deals, there's websites where community post deals from around the world and you can see if there is an offer. Personally I use g2troll.com because you can vote for deals so you can see only those which are the best and they give some points for voting that you can exchange them later for free giftcards (for example steam 5 euros). However there is more websites like this

On 10/15/2019 at 7:58 PM, Alyxx said:

I still don't get the appeal of paying money for stuff you can't own.

Me too. But we can;t teach the kids who watch youtube and social media and decide how to choose president and how to steer the culture ahead. I am sure stadia would get lot of sales with such kids.