Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best and worst multiplayer game components in primarily single-player games?

Doom 2016 was kinda a waste of time compared to the single player portion. Just didn't feel like it was proper Doom.

On the other hand I feel the Call of Duty games have always had great multiplayer. There's a reason it became a saying that nobody bought CoD games for the single player.

Batman Arkham Origins multiplayer component was a shitshow to put it politely compared to the single-player mode. It was full of bugs and glitches - some of which they managed to fix but it was still crap irregardless. It's one of the primary reasons why the game has such a bad reputation compared to the rest of the Arkham series.

-GTA V is excellent both at single player and multiplayer , a lot of micro transactions but fun,
-Monster Hunter World  as well its basically the same game and quality at both single and multiplayer
-Borderlands 2 as well you can enjoy it in both single and multiplayer
-And also the Bungie Halo games had a good Single player campaign and of course an excellent multiplayer mode, and Halo Reach had the Best campaign (I almost cried at the end)

Worst, well I cant think of many but I do have a few on my list that where not that interesting :
-Assassins creed 3/4 had a very average multiplayer mode, basically you had to assassin other players with stealth but usually this involved walking by pass them and stab them in the back so no Parkour kills or anything like that.
-Max Payne 3 was more like a third person shooter , it was average, but the slow motion didn't worked that well on a multiplayer 
platform
- And the Multiplayer for the first Read Dead Redemption was also very average and the characters at your disposal where very ugly and lame xD

GTA V is one of the best examples of both the single-player and multiplayer components being pretty good in their own right although it must be said that the multiplayer component is full of p2W players. You can still make lots of money from heists to buy things though so it isn't entirely bad.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

GTA V is one of the best examples of both the single-player and multiplayer components being pretty good in their own right although it must be said that the multiplayer component is full of p2W players. You can still make lots of money from heists to buy things though so it isn't entirely bad.

I hear the grinding is pretty bad in GTA Online atm though...

17 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I hear the grinding is pretty bad in GTA Online atm though...

If you are playing with noobs it can be quite a pain because you constantly have to restart heists and some of them happen to be very long and hardly have any checkpoints. Otherwise you can make 5 - 10m a day which can buy a good portion of in-game vehicles. Well, most of them...

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If you are playing with noobs it can be quite a pain because you constantly have to restart heists and some of them happen to be very long and hardly have any checkpoints. Otherwise you can make 5 - 10m a day which can buy a good portion of in-game vehicles. Well, most of them...

Yeah see I have a few issues with GTA Online and other grinding type games:
I have maybe 2-3 hours at most for gaming on workdays due to my 10 hour schedule (my workplace is 40 minutes away with bus) and therefore I often prioritize single player games or games I am doing for reviews. I simply don't have time to sink into a multiplayer mode that pretty much isn't worth the effort.

11 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Yeah see I have a few issues with GTA Online and other grinding type games:
I have maybe 2-3 hours at most for gaming on workdays due to my 10 hour schedule (my workplace is 40 minutes away with bus) and therefore I often prioritize single player games or games I am doing for reviews. I simply don't have time to sink into a multiplayer mode that pretty much isn't worth the effort.

Fair enough and it isn't for everybody unless you just want to get online and just be a maniac.