Register Now
UDK Ultimate

Gears of Kombat - Free Game for PC, PS3 and Xbox360

Hey guys!!! As I had commented earlier, I will be posting here on YouTube some game prototypes I have created, various game ideas, which I am still deciding which of these prototypes to turn into a complete game.

This first prototype here was an idea I had some time ago when I was playing Turok 2 on the Nintendo 64 emulator, in my opinion one of the best games ever developed. I was playing and I wondered, why not do a Brazilian Turok in the Amazon Rainforest? It would be top, very cool no?

So I sat down and started researching ideas, 3D map references, and started assembling here, there, until this cool prototype came out here. This prototype took about 3 months of work to finish.

The idea of this game's script would look something like this:

A criminal organization is illegally exploiting the Amazon rainforest, illegally trafficking timber, medicinal herbs, spoiling the Amazon rainforest, and kidnapping wild animals to conduct genetic experiments by turning innocent animals into mutant monsters to be sold on the black market as weapons of war.

The protagonist of the game (still unnamed) is an Indian, the last descendant of an Amazon Rainforest Warrior Tribe, who decides on his own to protect the forest, the animals, fighting against this criminal organization.

As you can see, the game is still just a prototype, a way for me to put into a game the ideas I had regarding this project. I will not provide download link, because it does not have a gameplay ready, there are many bugs yet, and I have not optimized this prototype for consoles.

Leave your opinions, if you liked this game idea, if it's worth turning it into a full game, and so on.

Cheers!!!

NOTE: In this prototype I am using some placeholder 3D models , so if I decide to turn this test into a complete game, these 3D models will be replaced for copyrights reasons.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

First off I'm a girl, and second I'm not wasting the space on my computer to download that.

Hello girl.

So why being so rude with me this way? How do you judge something without even trying? Why did you say that my game is shit? 

This game I developed as a Showcase for a modified version of Unreal Engine 3 I modified by myself adding support for exporting the game for PS3 and Xbox360. This project is very well known over the internet, many important websites of Playstation 3 and Xbox360 recognized the importance of my project, like this one: 

http://wololo.net/2019/09/24/a-look-at-udk-ultimate-a-modified-unreal-engine-3-sdk-with-support-for-exporting-to-hacked-ps3-and-xbox-360-consoles-recently-beefed-up-with-ps3hen-support-and-main-developer-to-soon-showcase-an-or/

Even EPIC Games, the creators of Fortnite and the creator of Unreal Engine 3 Technology, they recognized this project, praised me and gave me an official license to use my modified version of their software Unreal Engine 3 (this license used to cost thousand of dollars for game studios who wanted to develop games in Unreal Engine 3). However, they (EPIC Games) asked me to don't distribute my modified version of Unreal Engine 3 for anyone, they only allowed for my personal use, not for sharing with anyone else.

So because this I have taken offline the download links of my custom build of Unreal Engine 3 and kept it for myself, developing some small homebrew games, like this one Gears of Kombat, and others which I am developing.

The whole point of this project, and if you see on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/UDKUltimate) I made many tutorials showing off the step by step on how to develop a console game in Unreal Engine 3 and this Game Gears of Kombat, is the final result of this tutorial series. And this game is a Multi Plataform Game, there is a version for PC, another for PS3 and another for Xbox360.

And yes, I have done a great achievement on this small mini-game, because I did recreate the Fatality Animations Framework, the technical side of how NetherRealm Studios did to create the fatalities on Mortal Kombat Series, the body dismember function and many others.

If you see the complete video, the release trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9FYKO3FPYo) I even showed off how I did to make Motion Capture for this game, I did this Motion Capture using just a Xbox360 Kinect Camera (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z2sbnzImRA)

For more information, please visit my website to see other works I do in game development:

https://sites.google.com/view/udkultimate/

Edited by UDK Ultimate

I wasn’t calling the game specifically “shit”. It’s a simple expression. I said the same thing about 2 of my favorite games. FF8 and Zelda OoT. With FF8 however, I said it repeatedly for several years. With Zelda OoT, I said it for less than a year. It’s an expression, nothing more. As for being unwilling to download it, I can tell from the trailer that it’s the kind of game that I flat out don’t enjoy. So it would be a waste of time and energy for me to download it. The spelling of Kombat with the K had me intrigued. But the gameplay lost my interest. It’s nothing against your work. It’s just not a game style that I like. I had thought that MKM: Sub-Zero was gonna be an awesome game because of the Mortal Kombat part. It wasn’t worth the plastic it was made of. You do look extremely talented. Far beyond anything I could do. If at anytime you decide to work on anything more medieval oriented, I’ll be first in line to try out your work.

Ave

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I wasn’t calling the game specifically “shit”. It’s a simple expression. I said the same thing about 2 of my favorite games. FF8 and Zelda OoT. With FF8 however, I said it repeatedly for several years. With Zelda OoT, I said it for less than a year. It’s an expression, nothing more. As for being unwilling to download it, I can tell from the trailer that it’s the kind of game that I flat out don’t enjoy. So it would be a waste of time and energy for me to download it. The spelling of Kombat with the K had me intrigued. But the gameplay lost my interest. It’s nothing against your work. It’s just not a game style that I like. I had thought that MKM: Sub-Zero was gonna be an awesome game because of the Mortal Kombat part. It wasn’t worth the plastic it was made of. You do look extremely talented. Far beyond anything I could do. If at anytime you decide to work on anything more medieval oriented, I’ll be first in line to try out your work.

Ave

Ok girl, no problem, thanks for the comment 😄

Please subscribe to my channel, and if you have twitter follow me also on twitter (https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate) to keep updated with my projects. I am doing a lot of free homebrew games to gain visibility to my work before developing my first commercial game, very soon!

By the way, I am also an old gamer (35), I spent many days and nights playing Zelda OoT :) (I was a N64 fan boy)

I also loved MK Mythologies Sub-Zero, I loved to freeze the enemies on the first mission (Shaolin Temple) then throw them under the pillar just to see them get crushed 😄 😄 😄

However, unfortunately, after I married and recently got a baby (a cute girl 6 month), I don't have too much time for playing games. By the way, whenever you get into game development, paradoxally you stop having too much time to play games 😞

I still play some PS Vita, I just recently did finish Mortal Kombat 9 on PSVita, and actually I am playing Injustice (PS Vita). I think it is from here that came the inspiration for Gears of Kombat.

As soon as I have another interesting video, I will publish here.

Thanks for all you awesome people at VGR Forums.

Cheers!

Hey guys!

This video here I recorded quickly, right from my cell phone, without editing anything (inside my "garage studio"), just to show you guys a new feature that I implemented for my new game about Middle East War which I am developing from since 2 years ago, I'm sure that people will love this game. Anyone who likes Metal Gear, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Insurgency Sandstorm will enjoy my new game, and next week I will provide a free demo for everyone try on PC, PS3 and Xbox360. I will open a new thread for this game here, very soon.

This feature is Force Feedback, more popularly known as Control Vibration. Unreal Engine 3 has this feature already programmed by default, but is not enabled on consoles, and also only for some events (such as vehicle explosion). But I took the ForceFeedback code and implemented it into the weapon code I created for my game, edited a little bit here and there, and it worked!!!! Although you can not see too much the vibration on this video, but you can hear clearly, especially at the end of the video. And for each weapon I defined a different level of vibration, heavier weapons the level of vibration is higher, while lighter weapons like pistols, the level of vibration is lower.

A shooting game is much more fun with this feature, when you shoot, you feel the control vibrating, heavy, similar to being shooting with a real weapon, it is very cool guys! I've only tested it on PS3 for now, but I'll keep testing on Xbox360, as well testing a generic PC gamepad (I have the Nyko Ariflow), which by the way I'll be adding universal support to use any Gamepad in my game, through the Xbox360 control emulator (Xipunt is included in my game), so anyone who wants will be able to play my game with a controller instead of keyboard and mouse.

Cheers!