Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is a feature you wish was in ALL games?

@Alyxx and @killamch89 and I were talking about POV in video games, and how some games conveniently let you switch back and forth between first and third person.

I realize that this is a feature which I really wish that all video games had. I know that some games in third person couldn't get away with it without adding a lot more environment detail, and there may be other reasons it wouldn't make sense for other games. But for games where it would work, I wish it were a ubiquitous feature.

Are there any features which you wish were added to all or most video games?

Nowadays, I'd lean towards more content in the video games so we can enjoy more of a particular game world. I feel like a good majority of games nowadays lack any meaningful or enjoyable content and a bit of challenge as well. The games are so dumbed-down nowadays that you quickly lose interest in most of these games.

21 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Nowadays, I'd lean towards more content in the video games so we can enjoy more of a particular game world. I feel like a good majority of games nowadays lack any meaningful or enjoyable content and a bit of challenge as well. The games are so dumbed-down nowadays that you quickly lose interest in most of these games.

What are some examples?

19 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

What are some examples?

Let's take the more recent Hitman games for example, The enemies are as dumb as rocks - they are warned to look out for you yet when you throw a knife in to the head pf an NPC they may or may not see it even when it's in broad daylight. In the older Hitman games, the enemies were far more strategic in terms of actually amping up security in addition to searching in pairs so no 2 npcs were facing the exact direction.

I would like to see more strategy requirements in games. Most games are just click the button and kill. It doesn't require much thought. Facing an enemy should require a little thought in modern games instead of click-dead- next enemy. Older games have their charm due to the era they're from wit that. Which is fine. That's why I love them. Modern games however don't require much thought, when you would think that they would. Hell, Dig Dug required more strategy than most of the games of today.

26 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Let's take the more recent Hitman games for example, The enemies are as dumb as rocks - they are warned to look out for you yet when you throw a knife in to the head pf an NPC they may or may not see it even when it's in broad daylight. In the older Hitman games, the enemies were far more strategic in terms of actually amping up security in addition to searching in pairs so no 2 npcs were facing the exact direction.

Great example, and it is super annoying when a franchise actually regresses in this regard. Enemies should not be unnaturally intelligent, but they should at least have competitive intelligence.

15 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I would like to see more strategy requirements in games. Most games are just click the button and kill. It doesn't require much thought. Facing an enemy should require a little thought in modern games instead of click-dead- next enemy. Older games have their charm due to the era they're from wit that. Which is fine. That's why I love them. Modern games however don't require much thought, when you would think that they would. Hell, Dig Dug required more strategy than most of the games of today.

That's so true. This is something I always laugh about when playing Skyrim. Combat is usually very mindless. "Turn in general direction of enemy. Start pushing buttons."

19 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

That was supposed to be "with that" not "wit that". I can't type for shit.

53 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Great example, and it is super annoying when a franchise actually regresses in this regard. Enemies should not be unnaturally intelligent, but they should at least have competitive intelligence.

That's so true. This is something I always laugh about when playing Skyrim. Combat is usually very mindless. "Turn in general direction of enemy. Start pushing buttons."

Skyrim and Fallout came to mind as well unless you mod the games to make the enemies far more intelligent.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I was alluding to this same thing in my earlier comment where games nowadays are so dumbed-down that they become very boring within 2 weeks.

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd rather they don't go down this road although they seem to be already but I love being able to customize the hell out of my character.

I think that's where microtransaction games in android comes in. lot of companies make money that way.