Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is a feature you wish was in ALL games?

On 10/19/2019 at 2:28 AM, killamch89 said:

They already have microtransactions in even aspect of mobile games already - At least give us the character customization.

Yes but a lot of paid games have yet to get on microtransactions route they charge upfront. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Yes but a lot of paid games have yet to get on microtransactions route they charge upfront. 

Are you kidding?  Almost every major full price AAA release from 3rd party publishers has paid microtransactions.  Call of Duty, Borderlands 3, Fallout 76, Assassins Creed, Overwatch, Destiny, every Sports game... the list goes on forever.  There's only a handful that haven't jumped on the bandwagon.

Edited by Crazycrab

10 minutes ago, m76 said:

Every game needs fully customizable protagonist / playable character from head to toe. Let everyone play out their preferred fantasy, I don't want to force anything on anyone, and I want the same in return.

I would agree with that when it comes to RPG's, but not for every game. There are games that more about observing the events that occur rather than dictating them, like The Last of Us for example, and it's totally fine imo to not have a character creator in such a game either. It feels odd to say, but sometimes a certain level of distance from a protagonist is important when telling a story. If they always just did what you wanted and expressed themselves exactly the way you expect, it would be a bit boring.

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Every game needs a female character to choose from. I'm sick of the same ol macho tuff man who is the biggest and baddest asshole or the perfect handsome white boy who is always the righteous. I choose female every time. Days of male pride are over and needs to be humbled. 

I agree, but again, only when it comes RPG's for the same reasons as I said to @m76. I usually do create female avatars in those kinds of game anyway because I prefer to role-play as whom I'm not, if that makes sense.  I'm not sick of what you described as a typical male leads in games, but I'm definitely sick of the so-called "gamers" who insist it needs to be that way. Glad to see someone else who isn't an insecure, misogynistic moron.

Back on topic and back to RPG's, what every game of that type should have a selling/ loot system like in Kingdoms of Amalur. You find a bit of loot or gear you want to sell, put into the "junk" folder of your inventory with one click, then when you get to a merchant, sell it all with one click. Simple. It's a small thing, but the systems in other games, especially the likes of Skyrim and Fallout, can be so tedious and annoying with limits on how much you can sell to each merchant having to sell each item one at a time. I hate it.

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Every game needs a female character to choose from. I'm sick of the same ol macho tuff man who is the biggest and baddest asshole or the perfect handsome white boy who is always the righteous. I choose female every time. Days of male pride are over and needs to be humbled. 

I have gotten so tired of being forced to play a male character. I would like to remain female if possible. The sad part is that it's not often an option. The only games I can think of are TLOU and Tomb Raider. There are games where you can customize your character to the point where you can decide her cup size, but they are few and far between. Then there's fighting games that initially only offered ONE female character. It's bullshit. Give us more women please.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have gotten so tired of being forced to play a male character. I would like to remain female if possible. The sad part is that it's not often an option. The only games I can think of are TLOU and Tomb Raider. There are games where you can customize your character to the point where you can decide her cup size, but they are few and far between. Then there's fighting games that initially only offered ONE female character. It's bullshit. Give us more women please.

I don't understand this need to see yourself in a character. I'd be taken aback if I suddenly saw myself in a game.

6 hours ago, Shagger said:

I would agree with that when it comes to RPG's, but not for every game. There are games that more about observing the events that occur rather than dictating them, like The Last of Us for example, and it's totally fine imo to not have a character creator in such a game either. It feels odd to say, but sometimes a certain level of distance from a protagonist is important when telling a story. If they always just did what you wanted and expressed themselves exactly the way you expect, it would be a bit boring.

You1d think that customization is only important in an RPG, but for example Test Drive unlimited a strictly driving game had avatar customization and it was so much better for it. Or sports games, even in a tennis game, without customization I'd probably have never played virtua tennis 4.

The customization means that I can make the character my own, and suddenly because I invested time in making them look the way they do, I'm attached to them emotionally. Customizing my characters is creating a bond between me and them.

Even in XCOM2  a strategy game. Random soldier3 falling on the battlefield would be meaninglless, but a character I meticulously customized and set up with a personality is another thing entirely.

I agree it doesn't make as much sense in TLOU, but then again wouldn't it be fun if everyone could create their own version of Joel or Ellie? Just as you create your own version of Shepard in Mass Effect. Even if it's only the looks or perhaps the clothing. There is a reason why cosmetics are so popular as microtransactions.People do care about it.

10 hours ago, m76 said:

You1d think that customization is only important in an RPG, but for example Test Drive unlimited a strictly driving game had avatar customization and it was so much better for it. Or sports games, even in a tennis game, without customization I'd probably have never played virtua tennis 4.

The customization means that I can make the character my own, and suddenly because I invested time in making them look the way they do, I'm attached to them emotionally. Customizing my characters is creating a bond between me and them.

Even in XCOM2  a strategy game. Random soldier3 falling on the battlefield would be meaninglless, but a character I meticulously customized and set up with a personality is another thing entirely.

I agree it doesn't make as much sense in TLOU, but then again wouldn't it be fun if everyone could create their own version of Joel or Ellie? Just as you create your own version of Shepard in Mass Effect. Even if it's only the looks or perhaps the clothing. There is a reason why cosmetics are so popular as microtransactions.People do care about it.

Good points. Maybe I just only value character creation in certain types of games. I see how it does have a way more broad appeal than I first thought.

A feature I wish was in all games, is the ability to run in an area that forces you to walk. I hate any missions where you're forced to move slow, or areas where you can't run. For example, RDR2 when you're in your camp, why can't you run through? I hate when games force you to slow down in areas like this, because it then means it slows the game down to a crawl at times. Just make it fast, I'm too lazy otherwise lol. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

A feature I wish was in all games, is the ability to run in an area that forces you to walk. I hate any missions where you're forced to move slow, or areas where you can't run. For example, RDR2 when you're in your camp, why can't you run through? I hate when games force you to slow down in areas like this, because it then means it slows the game down to a crawl at times. Just make it fast, I'm too lazy otherwise lol. 

Any specific games from where you thought of this ability as some sort of feature?