Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you use leveling services?

Related to my thread where I asked what the appeal of RuneScape is, I noticed that there are a lot of RuneScape leveling services. This seems particularly odd to me—paying someone to grind for you in a game which appears to consist mainly of, well, grinding.

But it did bring back memories of people who would pay someone to level them up in the MUDs I used to play. It made more sense to me there, because there was a LOT to do outside grinding, and it was usually seen as a chore to get out of the way so that you could get back to politics/commerce/PKing/socializing. But nobody really looked well upon it.

In fact, in one game, if you died while away from the keyboard, you would gradually lose levels you had gained until you got back and typed in a word to return from the dead. If one managed to kill a character whose player had paid to level up while he or she was AFK, watching the levels drop for that person down to 0 was a thing to be very smug about.

Does anyone here use leveling services? Have attitudes become more neutral/less negative toward them?

Never in my life I have paid someone else to do the grinding for me, well except one time when I convinced my little cousin that there was a mission in Pokemon where he had to kill 100 pokemons in the grass with my Dratini, I needed to level that pokemon asap xD