Register Now
StaceyPowers

What types of content do games need more of?

Decisions that affect the outcome of the game. I understand that most games implement this in someway or another but the fact that your decisions have real consequences with in the game is something that I would like to see in most games, instead of the generic/neutral good guy we tend to encounter.

Edited by kingpotato

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Decisions that affect the outcome of the game. I understand that most games implement this in someway or another but the fact that your decisions have real consequences with in the game is something that I would like to see in most games, instead of the generic/good neutral good guy tend to encounter.

I agree wholeheartedly. This is something needed desperately.

23 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Decisions that affect the outcome of the game. I understand that most games implement this in someway or another but the fact that your decisions have real consequences with in the game is something that I would like to see in most games, instead of the generic/neutral good guy we tend to encounter.

Good call. I too would like to see this.

There have been a few games where I was just fine with not making decisions. TLOU was a story about very clearly written characters, for example, and I wanted to know about their decisions, not replace them with mine. And BioShock Infinite to me would’ve made no sense philosophically if there’d been real player choice. I also did not mind Anders stealing the scene in Dragon Age II—because some things are out of one’s control.

But I guess outside of specific contexts/justifications, I too would prefer player choice and real, world-altering consequences to be the norm as much as possible.

27 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

There have been a few games where I was just fine with not making decisions. TLOU was a story about very clearly written characters, for example, and I wanted to know about their decisions, not replace them with mine. And BioShock Infinite to me would’ve made no sense philosophically if there’d been real player choice. I also did not mind Anders stealing the scene in Dragon Age II—because some things are out of one’s control.

But I guess outside of specific contexts/justifications, I too would prefer player choice and real, world-altering consequences to be the norm as much as possible.

True, games with a heavy story dont need to rely on decisions fron the gamer , like God of War for example or as you mentioned TLOU. 

14 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Choices affecting the outcome of the game, character customization and gender options, and akimbo guns.

And Teabagging animations! How can any game go without that...

21 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

In most instances, I'd really like a dynamic game world where the player's actions can affect it but at the same time, your character isn't the centre of the universe.

26 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

So just regular crouching animations...?

Regular crouching animations are boring - it needs to be crouching over an enemy with the word "Teabag" popping up on the screen...

24 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

there is a beauty to it that we cannot quite explain

And hearing how pissed off the receiving part usually is adds to the appeal of tea-bagging.