Register Now
StaceyPowers

What types of content do games need more of?

28 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Now that we are closer to the 2020.We should definitely get the games which have decent graphics. lot of game developers are still stuck in the retro days. 

Dude we already have games with incredible graphics,  Horizon zero dawn, God of War , Resident Evil 7 etc

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

Now that we are closer to the 2020.We should definitely get the games which have decent graphics. lot of game developers are still stuck in the retro days. 

There’s nothing wrong with that. Retro game graphics have a special allure. And, if you think about it, Skyrim doesn’t particularly look like the original Zelda.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:13 AM, The Blackangel said:

There’s nothing wrong with that. Retro game graphics have a special allure. And, if you think about it, Skyrim doesn’t particularly look like the original Zelda.

I think I am referring to games having enough budget but still choosing the poor graphics of retro days for it. I am sure those games would do better with even 2D graphics, i mean we can ignore the 3D part for now. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think I am referring to games having enough budget but still choosing the poor graphics of retro days for it. I am sure those games would do better with even 2D graphics, i mean we can ignore the 3D part for now. 

Like what type of games ? an example please. Surely you understand that Celeste and Shovel knight choose the 8 bit graphics because thats the style they wanted to go with.

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am referring to the below type of games. They have better budget but the game made is like in 80s and 90s. This type of graphics is not needed anymore. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/325320/Mythos_The_Beginning__Directors_Cut/

dude wtf thats a 5.99 dollar game, it definitively doesnt have a better budget, so its pretty understandable that it looks like crap.

On 10/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, kingpotato said:

dude wtf thats a 5.99 dollar game, it definitively doesnt have a better budget, so its pretty understandable that it looks like crap.

Totally valid point there - I also thought he was talking about a game from one of the larger gaming companies.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:43 PM, kingpotato said:

It's not often the sale price that decides the budget. I know 2.99 and free games on android that have better graphics. 

On 10/26/2019 at 1:58 AM, skyfire said:

I am referring to the below type of games. They have better budget but the game made is like in 80s and 90s. This type of graphics is not needed anymore. 

You could have a point there, but look at the success of games such as Minecraft. Games don’t have to have life like graphics. Some people need it. Some don’t. It’s a personal choice on their gameplay. 

Having played A Plague's Tale: Innocence (By the way, if you haven't, PLAY THIS GAME! It's fantastic.), every 3rd person game should follow this example and have the nearby foliage fade when the camera is close to it so you can see what you're doing. I know that sounds ludicrously simple, but so few games in this genre actually do this, even amongst good games.

Another thing I would like to see more of, would be games that are played in real time. There seems to be a shortage of them, and I always loved that type of thing. A game where you can't pause to think, and couldn't cheat by pausing the game. You had to act as you would in real life. Those are desperately needed.

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Another thing I would like to see more of, would be games that are played in real time. There seems to be a shortage of them, and I always loved that type of thing. A game where you can't pause to think, and couldn't cheat by pausing the game. You had to act as you would in real life. Those are desperately needed.

I don't know, games with a time based designs mostly piss me off.  They seem to relay to much on trial and error.  I think back to Majora's Mask (I know lots of people like it but I found it repetitive and frustrating) or the god awful Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII which is easily the worst game in the entire franchise.  I'd rather play and explore at my own pace and decide for myself what I want to do and when. Also I do appreciate the convenience of being able to pause the game so I can take a piss or answer the phone.

Edited by Crazycrab