Register Now
StaceyPowers

What types of content do games need more of?

12 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I don't know, games with a time based designs mostly piss me off.  They seem to relay to much on trial and error.  I think back to Majora's Mask (I know lots of people like it but I found it repetitive and frustrating) or the god awful Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII which is easily the worst game in the entire franchise.  I'd rather play and explore at my own pace and decide for myself what I want to do and when. Also I do appreciate the convenience of being able to pause the game so I can take a piss or answer the phone.

Majora's Mask wasn't real time. Sure it had a clock that you had to keep resetting, but I mean real time as it is in the real world. Has anyone seen the Johnny Depp movie Nick Of Time? That was shot in real time. Sure those type of games aren't for everyone, but I enjoy stuff like that. A million different options, each with a different effect on the next part of the game, and not being able to go back. All culminating in millions of different endings completely based on the choices you made. That would be an amazing game.