Register Now
StaceyPowers

Annoying stuff in games you eventually grew fond of

Has there ever been something in a video game that you initially found obnoxious, but later grew to like?

For example, when I first started playing Dragon Age: Origins, I could not stand the character voice I had picked (I believe it is the one which is the “aggressive” female voice). The character was constantly shouting this tedious line in combat: “Let me get you a ladder so you can get off my back!”

I was so peeved I almost went back and started over just to replace the voice, and was so confused when my friend told me she loves all the character voices. But I was able to tune it out after a while, and blessedly, the character stopped saying the line 40 times a minute after a while for whatever reason.

Anyway, I got used to it, and now, I actually miss it sometimes =D And I still say “Let me get you a ladder” whenever someone is nagging me about something IRL.

What stuff that once annoyed you in video games became something you liked?

Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the combat being slow. I remember that when I first played it I was like this is the worst FPS mechanics ever, combat was slow and there wasnt enough action. But after a couple of years after days of playing COD or Halo sometimes I feel like I want a break and chill in my couch playing a FPS that doesnt ask too much of my reflexes like Fallout.😆

On 10/21/2019 at 12:51 PM, killamch89 said:

Same here - at first I used to be like "I'm the freaking Dragonborn. What do you expect me to do - whisper?"

lol rite? use that Relenting Force whisper. haha and it s so funny when u can tell them off afterwards like 'ill do whatever i want' or whatever the option is

On 10/22/2019 at 7:50 AM, kingpotato said:

Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the combat being slow. I remember that when I first played it I was like this is the worst FPS mechanics ever, combat was slow and there wasnt enough action. But after a couple of years after days of playing COD or Halo sometimes I feel like I want a break and chill in my couch playing a FPS that doesnt ask too much of my reflexes like Fallout.😆

r u complaining about the vats system i didn't like it at first but now i dont think about it  

2 hours ago, TheSteelyardDweller said:

lol rite? use that Relenting Force whisper. haha and it s so funny when u can tell them off afterwards like 'ill do whatever i want' or whatever the option is

r u complaining about the vats system i didn't like it at first but now i dont think about it  

I mean the divines blessed you with Godly shouts - don't tell me to keep it down -_-.