Register Now
StaceyPowers

Gray area cheating behaviors

The only place that I have ever cheated in a video game was always with a game genie. When the games got too easy, I always made my enemies as difficult as I could get them. If there was something that I absolutely couldn't find that was a requirement, I would use an invincibility code or something similar, so that I could explore until I found the damn thing. Then reset the game with the enemies 10x harder like I originally wanted.

If you're using a game genie, which kids have done since the first one hit the market in the 80's (myself included), I don't really see a problem with that. The piece was designed specifically to cheat. Granted Nintendo filed a lawsuit against Galoob and lost. But it's still a cheating device.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The only place that I have ever cheated in a video game was always with a game genie. When the games got too easy, I always made my enemies as difficult as I could get them. If there was something that I absolutely couldn't find that was a requirement, I would use an invincibility code or something similar, so that I could explore until I found the damn thing. Then reset the game with the enemies 10x harder like I originally wanted.

If you're using a game genie, which kids have done since the first one hit the market in the 80's (myself included), I don't really see a problem with that. The piece was designed specifically to cheat. Granted Nintendo filed a lawsuit against Galoob and lost. But it's still a cheating device.

The only two games I've ever really used cheat codes in were GTA Vice City and San Andreas and that is because the cheat codes actually enhanced the gameplay.