Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

On 6/5/2022 at 1:42 PM, Jasmin said:

That's not true. Men are always trying to compete for women's attention. That's why they want to impress women and try to do silly things. Just remember your high school or college days.

Haha, my college days is something I could term happened like a movie, I didn't actually compete for any women's attention per say, but I actually had a lot female friends but I only was able to date one. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's really a shame that happened with the Abandoned game because if they were able to pull it off, I'm very sure that the game would have sold well. 

I don't feel any pity for them because they are the one's that never put their house in order before coming out to update the world on the game. No one ever pressured them to do so. 

21 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I still say Capcom is milking RE into the ground. Eventually, they will run out of games to remake, and then they'll probably decide to remake the first remake, as a third person shooter. Because the 2002 remake has fixed camera angles, and they could just make excuses about how nobody likes that perspective anymore. Which isn't true. But okay. Capcom would do it for the money, which is precisely why they remade 2 and 3, being honest. 

They should focus on doing new games like the Revelations side series, so we get new storylines, or ways to clear up the many plot threads that they have left in the air for going on many years by now. Not just constantly rehashing classic titles, because it's easier than coming up with something original.

That's the only thing that Capcom knows how to do best. I hope they don't do the same thing with the RE 4 Remake, otherwise it's going to be me and them. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

That's the only thing that Capcom knows how to do best. I hope they don't do the same thing with the RE 4 Remake, otherwise it's going to be me and them. 

Capcom wouldn't be stupid to do that in my opinion. Resident Evil 4 was one of the franchise where they did very well in representing actual horror and I'm sure they will keep it at that. 

Well, RE4 is usually the one that many fans say is the best. There's a lot of gamers who in fact started with 4 and couldn't get into the rest that were released beforehand, for being too outdated, or whatever. But I do find 4 is quite overrated.

It's stupid how just about everything you kill in the game, then drops something. The older RE games were perhaps not known for their amazing writing, but they were still somewhat grounded in realism. For they didn't have enemies releasing items upon their demise. Nemesis was the only one, or the Mr. X tyrant.  

7 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Capcom wouldn't be stupid to do that in my opinion. Resident Evil 4 was one of the franchise where they did very well in representing actual horror and I'm sure they will keep it at that. 

We can only wait and see what they are going to make of the remake but I think they are going to get it on track. 

On 6/6/2022 at 9:20 PM, Clasher said:

Haha, my college days is something I could term happened like a movie, I didn't actually compete for any women's attention per say, but I actually had a lot female friends but I only was able to date one. 

Your expression "I only was able to date one" sound funny! By the way, did you play games when you were at school or college?

58 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

Well, RE4 is usually the one that many fans say is the best. There's a lot of gamers who in fact started with 4 and couldn't get into the rest that were released beforehand, for being too outdated, or whatever. But I do find 4 is quite overrated.

It's stupid how just about everything you kill in the game, then drops something. The older RE games were perhaps not known for their amazing writing, but they were still somewhat grounded in realism. For they didn't have enemies releasing items upon their demise. Nemesis was the only one, or the Mr. X tyrant.  

I think RE 4 was a solid experience - also it was the first one with the over the shoulder camera view instead of the traditional wonky camera angles and the story was very solid. Honestly, in a way it is the best game of the series to date not counting the remakes.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I think RE 4 was a solid experience - also it was the first one with the over the shoulder camera view instead of the traditional wonky camera angles and the story was very solid. Honestly, in a way it is the best game of the series to date not counting the remakes.

Some gamers say that Resident Evil 4 was overrated, I'd say it's the other way around. It's underrated because to me it's arguably the best among the RE franchise. 

1 minute ago, Dannyjax said:

Some gamers say that Resident Evil 4 was overrated, I'd say it's the other way around. It's underrated because to me it's arguably the best among the RE franchise. 

I wouldn't say its underrated either because a good portion of the RE fandom says it's the best game and to an extent, that is the case so its definitely not underrated.

If you play the others though, 4 is a noticeably different type of game. But I honestly think that if people love 4, they should naturally love RE5 just as much. Yet many don't enjoy that one for some reason. They play exactly the same, however. And 5 stars Chris Redfield. Jill shows up. I think it's arguably better...

2 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

If you play the others though, 4 is a noticeably different type of game. But I honestly think that if people love 4, they should naturally love RE5 just as much. Yet many don't enjoy that one for some reason. They play exactly the same, however. And 5 stars Chris Redfield. Jill shows up. I think it's arguably better...

RE5 is a good game but the main difference between RE4 and RE5 is that RE5 is mostly an Action game, while RE4 still holds that horror atmosphere, RE5 has more destruction, and action packed bosses

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't say its underrated either because a good portion of the RE fandom says it's the best game and to an extent, that is the case so its definitely not underrated.

Exactly my point in a way. Instead of tagging the game overrated, I'd rather say it's underrated as it's not getting the recognition it deserves from those saying that it's overrated.