Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

Personally, and this is a very unpopular opinion, but I always seen RE6 as being more along the lines of RE than 4 and 5, even if 4 and 5 are clearly the better games. Because in RE6, some sections have you in cities across the world, with zombies infesting the streets. 5 only had zombies briefly in the DLC, inside the catacombs. So 6 is definitely worth noting down. There is even a section where Leon is at a gun shop with these civilians, but they die trying to escape. 

Although, yeah. 6 is garbage in general. It's like an action flick, directed by a drunk Michael Bay. It's terrible. It is also a rip off of Gears of War 3.  

17 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

We can only wait and see what they are going to make of the remake but I think they are going to get it on track. 

I really hope that Capcom takes the remake of RE 4 very seriously the same way gamers are expecting something that's going to be worth their time and money. 

20 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Your expression "I only was able to date one" sound funny! By the way, did you play games when you were at school or college?

Haha, I know it's funny, but many of my female friends back in college were just fun buddies and we just hangout together and non of them really struck me as someone I should go into a more serious relationship with. The one I dated wasn't even my friend I just met her once at the school library and I just knew immediately that we are gonna have something going.

Talking about college, I played more video games in my college days than I ever did for any other phase of my life, been an engineering student I was tech savvy and was also trying to see the latest features added on a new console or to know what game got the coolest features I could emulate into some of my engineering designs, so yeah I played video games in college.

12 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Personally, and this is a very unpopular opinion, but I always seen RE6 as being more along the lines of RE than 4 and 5, even if 4 and 5 are clearly the better games. Because in RE6, some sections have you in cities across the world, with zombies infesting the streets. 5 only had zombies briefly in the DLC, inside the catacombs. So 6 is definitely worth noting down. There is even a section where Leon is at a gun shop with these civilians, but they die trying to escape. 

Although, yeah. 6 is garbage in general. It's like an action flick, directed by a drunk Michael Bay. It's terrible. It is also a rip off of Gears of War 3.  

For the fact that you still admitted in the end that Resident Evil 6 was garbage is good enough for me not to stress on it any more. 

4 & 5 are two major options I've played and enjoyed, any other options aren't all that familiar with me via their gameplay and story. I couldn't play them much, maybe twice I've played RE-6 and RE-7 'The village version'. 

11 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I really hope that Capcom takes the remake of RE 4 very seriously the same way gamers are expecting something that's going to be worth their time and money. 

The remakes are just a way of them constantly milking the game and it's because it's that good, if not gamers will never care about it. 

9 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

The remakes are just a way of them constantly milking the game and it's because it's that good, if not gamers will never care about it. 

You're very right about that being too good that gamers can stop buying into it. It's why I'm hooked on it too and it's going to be that way till they ruin it. 

22 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Next year March isn't going to be too long and we find out what they would have for us in the remake, although the trailer have given an insight on what to look up to. 

I really didn't like what Capcom did to RE7 and Chris. Because Chris was beefed up looking in 5 and 6. In 7 when you see him get off the chopper and he talks to Ethan Winters, he looks absolutely nothing like Chris from when Roger Craig Smith played him. Total stupidity. 

But Capcom of course, listened to the outpouring of their backlash, as the guy playing him in RE8 sort of looks like the Chris model from 6, just older to reflect his current age, or at least his age at the time. At least he is more identifiable that way. But come on. How stupid was Capcom being to use the RE Engine as an excuse for what they label as photo realism? 

Even his showing up and all, felt so random. It's like they just needed a main character involved in the already separate plot, or they wouldn't think people would call it much of a RE game. It just isn't anyway. But I mean, even still... 

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

Haha, I know it's funny, but many of my female friends back in college were just fun buddies and we just hangout together and non of them really struck me as someone I should go into a more serious relationship with. The one I dated wasn't even my friend I just met her once at the school library and I just knew immediately that we are gonna have something going.

Talking about college, I played more video games in my college days than I ever did for any other phase of my life, been an engineering student I was tech savvy and was also trying to see the latest features added on a new console or to know what game got the coolest features I could emulate into some of my engineering designs, so yeah I played video games in college.

What were your favourite games back then? Do you still play the games that you used to play when your were a student?

2 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I really didn't like what Capcom did to RE7 and Chris. Because Chris was beefed up looking in 5 and 6. In 7 when you see him get off the chopper and he talks to Ethan Winters, he looks absolutely nothing like Chris from when Roger Craig Smith played him. Total stupidity. 

But Capcom of course, listened to the outpouring of their backlash, as the guy playing him in RE8 sort of looks like the Chris model from 6, just older to reflect his current age, or at least his age at the time. At least he is more identifiable that way. But come on. How stupid was Capcom being to use the RE Engine as an excuse for what they label as photo realism? 

Even his showing up and all, felt so random. It's like they just needed a main character involved in the already separate plot, or they wouldn't think people would call it much of a RE game. It just isn't anyway. But I mean, even still... 

The flaw in his character build up or design was very obvious that it repelled a lot of gamers in RE 7. I never liked that one bit, if they had not fixed that, I'm not sure what would have happened. 

5 hours ago, Jasmin said:

What were your favourite games back then? Do you still play the games that you used to play when your were a student?

That's would be battlefield, resident evil 4, Grand theft auto IV, uncharted and halo wars. These are the few I could mention and I still play Grand theft auto from time to time.

What about you did you play games when you were a student and what were your favorite games then.

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

The flaw in his character build up or design was very obvious that it repelled a lot of gamers in RE 7. I never liked that one bit, if they had not fixed that, I'm not sure what would have happened. 

The reason why they do that with some of their characters is something that I haven't come to understand. It's something that can kill off the interest of gamers. 

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's would be battlefield, resident evil 4, Grand theft auto IV, uncharted and halo wars. These are the few I could mention and I still play Grand theft auto from time to time.

What about you did you play games when you were a student and what were your favorite games then.

I never played these games when I was at school and college. I was mainly interested in sandbox game where I could explore my creativity in building and creating something

6 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

I never played these games when I was at school and college. I was mainly interested in sandbox game where I could explore my creativity in building and creating something

Have you ever played Age Of the Empires before? You can build whole civilizations in that game...