Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's a pretty good game and I assume you'll get all the DLCs with it so if you didn't have it yet you should check it out.

I would certainly get it as soon as it is released officially, it would be a good way to have a whole new experience with RE.

That's too bad about the Resident Evil Netflix series receiving all of the hate. You would think Capcom would learn that fans don't want this kind of slop. 

They actually made Wesker look like Blade, the vampire in the Marvel franchise.

3 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

That's too bad about the Resident Evil Netflix series receiving all of the hate. You would think Capcom would learn that fans don't want this kind of slop. 

They actually made Wesker look like Blade, the vampire in the Marvel franchise.

They butchered it right from the start. They probably felt the same thing that they do in the video game would fly in the Netflix series too and they were so wrong.

The time I used to watch it is still annoying me because I would have used it on something better. 

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

I would certainly get it as soon as it is released officially, it would be a good way to have a whole new experience with RE.

Well. the original game has been out since last year. I don't have an idea what they've added to the Gold Edition but if you don't want to wait, you could just get the original RE Village...

24 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

I happened to see this today. 

Apparently, even more fantasy style RE nonsense awaits us. But this is just speculation for the time being.

Resident Evil from the very beginning wasn't exactly a documentary. Given that, why would there be a line between Resident Evil and "fantasy nonsense"?

Where else can the franchise go though? I think fantasy works fine in a RE game. The virus has manifested differently before, so why can't it create supernatural beings as well? Or another virus that does it. Idk. 

I think they do this with RE, because zombies are played out, and boring now. Even though their last game had zombie like characters, I feel like they were mostly obstacles than threats. At least from what I saw. Plus you had lycans for goodness sakes. I think we're already into the fantasy realm in some regards. 

Meh. They've been raping the Resident Evil franchise for years either way one looks at things, so maybe my hate for Capcom has been pointlessly overkill as of late. But at least you guys are more understanding as to where us RE die hard fans are coming from. These games mean a lot to people that grew up playing them. All of them. Not just say, when someone began with the later entries such as RE4, 7 or the RE2 remake. But on other forums I've visited and mentioned this stuff on, they're always being like, "STFU. OMG. RE has always been 'B' film, trash!!!!1 Etc!" 😄

Aye, aye, aye...

Count me out! 😉

The problem with the original games, is that they haven't aged too well. In terms of gameplay, graphics, voice acting etc.

The older games just aren't as accessible as the newer games and I think that's why they do the remakes, to capture that audience that can't be bothered to play the original games. 

And the sad truth is that RE has to adapt with the times. It can't forever be the RE we know. It's going to probably get weirder, go into uncharted territory with multiple spinoffs and more. When I hear RE, I think endless possibilities. It doesn't have to be a zombie virus for example, it could be vampires, lycans again, etc. Didn't the last one technically have witches? 

Idk, I'm probably going on a tangent now, so I'll shut up. 

15 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Meh. They've been raping the Resident Evil franchise for years either way one looks at things, so maybe my hate for Capcom has been pointlessly overkill as of late. But at least you guys are more understanding as to where us RE die hard fans are coming from. These games mean a lot to people that grew up playing them. All of them. Not just say, when someone began with the later entries such as RE4, 7 or the RE2 remake. But on other forums I've visited and mentioned this stuff on, they're always being like, "STFU. OMG. RE has always been 'B' film, trash!!!!1 Etc!" 😄

Aye, aye, aye...

Count me out! 😉

In all honesty, it doesn't really matter to Capcom that much because the main purpose here is making money from miking the franchise and it's working just fine for them so far. It's the same fans that are criticising the games that are paying whatever that needs to be paid for the game. So, why would Capcom stop? 

In all sincerity, most fans of RE this days just buy a new name off the series so they can have something to criticize and say wrong about the game.

If i am not mistaken there is atleast 28 games in resident evil franchise, what more would you expect to be added afterwards?

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

In all sincerity, most fans of RE this days just buy a new name off the series so they can have something to criticize and say wrong about the game.

If i am not mistaken there is atleast 28 games in resident evil franchise, what more would you expect to be added afterwards?

Also the attachment of Capcom to Raccoon City in their Resident Evil franchise is becoming increasingly annoying and frustrating the way I see. I believe that they have exhausted everything there is to be explored in that City but they still cavy leave it alone. 

On 7/31/2022 at 4:49 AM, Heatman said:

In all honesty, it doesn't really matter to Capcom that much because the main purpose here is making money from miking the franchise and it's working just fine for them so far. It's the same fans that are criticising the games that are paying whatever that needs to be paid for the game. So, why would Capcom stop? 

They won't until fans stop buying the games. Capcom may be milking the franchise, but they are doing a good job in the sense that they are making games fans seem to love. Yeah there are a minority of people making a fuss about the new games, but from what I have seen, most fans are cool with all of the games that have been coming out. 

Precisely. It makes them money, so why should Crapcom shoot a cow if it stills makes milk? You can expect more RE remakes up the pooper as long as people are willing to invest Capcom more greed. 

In other news, I heard the Terminator series may be getting revived too. As if Arnie really needs another fat pay check at his age. They've wrecked that once brilliant series beyond all repair. The last one they pumped out had "woke" written all over it. 

Meanwhile, all of the RE characters fans want to see officially return such as Jill, are nowhere to be seen. And no. Having her in remakes doesn't count. That's an old game, done up in a modernized way. So that's no excuse.