Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

Also the attachment of Capcom to Raccoon City in their Resident Evil franchise is becoming increasingly annoying and frustrating the way I see. I believe that they have exhausted everything there is to be explored in that City but they still cavy leave it alone. 

One of those such things game companies does to video games so they could still keep making money out of it.

Stills. Still. Darn phone...

The problem with the Capcom fanboys is that they love their man muck being squirted into their eyes. It's like they cannot get enough of the love juice they are providing, baby!

Nah. I'm just joking...

But one thing I find particularly bizarre about the fanboys overall, is how they openly defend the RE2 remake to death, while universally hating on RE3. That's so weird, because the remake of RE2 had the same amount of cut content, changed story aspects, and missing creatures. Like for example, they took out the original plants. Yet one was kept in the game, slumped dead against a window in the lab where they had a greenhouse, or something. Plant 43. You know? So like, why do they never talk about RE2 being guilty as charged too? They put RE2 on a pedestal so high, that they can never see the wood for those tall trees. 

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. They would rather play favourites, than accept the blatantly obvious facts, which at this point, are already there in black and white, being honest. It's so dumb.

And the same people who want a CV remake, as well as a RE4 remake, must be clueless. How can you request more remakes, knowing that Crapcom are bound to remove a lot of things in those games too? They would make them to where they would be so bland, generic, and probably unrecognisable into the bargain.

It's crazy to think that they're the problem to this whole mess, and not even willing to come up with a solution...

6 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Stills. Still. Darn phone...

The problem with the Capcom fanboys is that they love their man muck being squirted into their eyes. It's like they cannot get enough of the love juice they are providing, baby!

Nah. I'm just joking...

But one thing I find particularly bizarre about the fanboys overall, is how they openly defend the RE2 remake to death, while universally hating on RE3. That's so weird, because the remake of RE2 had the same amount of cut content, changed story aspects, and missing creatures. Like for example, they took out the original plants. Yet one was kept in the game, slumped dead against a window in the lab where they had a greenhouse, or something. Plant 43. You know? So like, why do they never talk about RE2 being guilty as charged too? They put RE2 on a pedestal so high, that they can never see the wood for those tall trees. 

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. They would rather play favourites, than accept the blatantly obvious facts, which at this point, are already there in black and white, being honest. It's so dumb.

And the same people who want a CV remake, as well as a RE4 remake, must be clueless. How can you request more remakes, knowing that Crapcom are bound to remove a lot of things in those games too? They would make them to where they would be so bland, generic, and probably unrecognisable into the bargain.

It's crazy to think that they're the problem to this whole mess, and not even willing to come up with a solution...

I get the remakes for the original games, mainly because the controls, graphics, voice overs haven't aged super well. But I think it's dumb to remake RE4 because it could do more with an HD remaster if anything. Don't change what worked. Sure update some of the controls for modern consoles, but don't change the story, characters, voice acting, etc. 

But, Capcom will probably do that. It seems every studio these days has to remake their original titles. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I get the remakes for the original games, mainly because the controls, graphics, voice overs haven't aged super well. But I think it's dumb to remake RE4 because it could do more with an HD remaster if anything. Don't change what worked. Sure update some of the controls for modern consoles, but don't change the story, characters, voice acting, etc. 

But, Capcom will probably do that. It seems every studio these days has to remake their original titles. 

That's my issue with the RE 4 remake if I'm being honest, I didn't get why they couldn't just make an HD remaster. The first 3 were understandable but why this game? We did see the preview for the Last Of Us Remake the other day as well.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:28 PM, Kane99 said:

They won't until fans stop buying the games. Capcom may be milking the franchise, but they are doing a good job in the sense that they are making games fans seem to love. Yeah there are a minority of people making a fuss about the new games, but from what I have seen, most fans are cool with all of the games that have been coming out. 

That's what business is for them, as long as it sell, keep making it till it no longer have value in the eyes of consumers. It's not only Capcom that does that, EA is very notable with doing that as well with their ridiculously selling of FIFA. It's the most overrated game that keeps selling more than it should today in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

There's a slim chance that we could see the Silent Hill reboot or whatever, at Tokyo Game Show. But I wouldn't get too excited, giving the endless amount of hearsay that constantly pops up online.

Honestly I hope they do announce a new Silent Hill. Maybe Konami has turned a new leaf and they're actually doing something good again. I remember hearing rumors that Kojima was back on a SH reboot, but I don't think that's any bit true. Would be awesome if we could see Silent Hills actually happen, but I don't think Konami would care to bring Kojima and company back. And I don't think Kojima would want to. 

13 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

There's a slim chance that we could see the Silent Hill reboot or whatever, at Tokyo Game Show. But I wouldn't get too excited, giving the endless amount of hearsay that constantly pops up online.

I'll believe it when it's officially announced. I'm tired of the constant witchhunt if I'm being honest.

13 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'll believe it when it's officially announced. I'm tired of the constant witchhunt if I'm being honest.

Yeah it's all rumors at this point and time, a lot of it is just false hope if anything. Konami could still make a Silent Hill game, but if they don't have Kojima or the original Team Silent on board, I honestly can't see a Silent Hill game being good. We all know their track record with the last few games in the series, it will probably end up being much of the same with a sequel. 

There was an open world, third person horror game I remember reading about a while ago. I've forgotten the name of it. But I remember seeing just a few screenshots about it, but this was ages ago. So I hope I can remember what it's called. It wasn't the game with a similar title to The Last of Us, but something else somewhat along the same lines. Looked like you could go into houses and it was like Days Gone

I think there was some zombie standing on a hill in one of the images. I'm not sure...

5 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

There was an open world, third person horror game I remember reading about a while ago. I've forgotten the name of it. But I remember seeing just a few screenshots about it, but this was ages ago. So I hope I can remember what it's called. It wasn't the game with a similar title to The Last of Us, but something else somewhat along the same lines. Looked like you could go into houses and it was like Days Gone

I think there was some zombie standing on a hill in one of the images. I'm not sure...

Are you thinking of State of Decay maybe? The one for the Xbox consoles? If so I played the first game and I think a portion of the second game before I quit because of a game breaking glitch. 

If it's not state of decay, it could be Dead Island, dying light, etc. I don't know what else it could be.