Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

On 8/4/2022 at 12:20 AM, killamch89 said:

I'll believe it when it's officially announced. I'm tired of the constant witchhunt if I'm being honest.

Seriously, it keeps building frustration for games all the time they keep to their speculation without doing anything. The more they do that, the more it becomes unbearable to deal with. 

Sometimes, I try to keep myself away from all that bombarding of information just to have a moment of peace. 

Been thinking of retiring my Xbox one soon. Or attempting to clean it out. It's been shutting down on my brother and I whenever we try to play rdr2 on it. We get that annoying message after turning the Xbox back on, saying that the console overheated and to make sure the console is in a well ventilated area. 

I figure it's because it's kinda dirty, and could use a good dusting. Any tips on how to best clean an Xbox one? 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Been thinking of retiring my Xbox one soon. Or attempting to clean it out. It's been shutting down on my brother and I whenever we try to play rdr2 on it. We get that annoying message after turning the Xbox back on, saying that the console overheated and to make sure the console is in a well ventilated area. 

I figure it's because it's kinda dirty, and could use a good dusting. Any tips on how to best clean an Xbox one? 

It's definitely going to be dust problem that's making it malfunction in that matter even though you have it in a well ventilated area. When you have cleaned it up and it keeps doing it, then it's probably a mechanical problem. 

You can watch this YouTube video for steps on how to clean the console. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's definitely going to be dust problem that's making it malfunction in that matter even though you have it in a well ventilated area. When you have cleaned it up and it keeps doing it, then it's probably a mechanical problem. 

You can watch this YouTube video for steps on how to clean the console. 

Oh I know. I haven't cleaned it in a while, and I figure a good vacuuming could do the job. I'll check this tutorial out to see if I can clean it better. As long as it doesn't require me to open the console, I'll be fine. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh I know. I haven't cleaned it in a while, and I figure a good vacuuming could do the job. I'll check this tutorial out to see if I can clean it better. As long as it doesn't require me to open the console, I'll be fine. 

You have to open it up a bit. In the video, the guy wasn't rushy in doing it, so if he follow him up closely and probably watch it at least a few times before doing it, I'm sure you would do just fine. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

You have to open it up a bit. In the video, the guy wasn't rushy in doing it, so if he follow him up closely and probably watch it at least a few times before doing it, I'm sure you would do just fine. 

Eh I don't want to end up damaging my xbone in the process. I'm paranoid about opening it up and in turn causing damage. I could try, but I really don't want to risk it. Going to see if a simple vacuuming will work first. If not, maybe I'll try to get it cleaned up. 

I haven't used the VR headset since it became a thing and I feel like I am the only one left out . Lol

Is there anyone else here who is yet to game with the VR headset or maybe you are willing to try it out but you just haven't gotten the opportunity to?

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

I haven't used the VR headset since it became a thing and I feel like I am the only one left out . Lol

Is there anyone else here who is yet to game with the VR headset or maybe you are willing to try it out but you just haven't gotten the opportunity to?

I've never used a VR headset myself. I have used one of those phone ones, but they are kind of a joke and don't really do VR anyway. I would love to get one popular VR headsets, but I don't have th emoney for anything like that at the moment. Maybe one day.

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Eh I don't want to end up damaging my xbone in the process. I'm paranoid about opening it up and in turn causing damage. I could try, but I really don't want to risk it. Going to see if a simple vacuuming will work first. If not, maybe I'll try to get it cleaned up. 

Haha 😂, alright mate that's very understandable. Just watch the video a couple of times first before doing anything. Any try out your preferred way and see if it takes care of the problem. If it does, there's no need to open the console up. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Haha 😂, alright mate that's very understandable. Just watch the video a couple of times first before doing anything. Any try out your preferred way and see if it takes care of the problem. If it does, there's no need to open the console up. 

I'm just not comfortable attempting to open it up. I can try to vaccume the console and see if that helps, bit I'd hate to open it up, because knowing me I'll damage something. And I don't have the money to invest in another xbone at this time. 

One of my friend wanted to make me experience VR for the first time, I didn't fulfil such invitation, and since then I never checked out VR again. Any have shared their experience using VR headset, which increases lucid kind of dream, I'm just frightened at this time to put on the headset. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

One of my friend wanted to make me experience VR for the first time, I didn't fulfil such invitation, and since then I never checked out VR again. Any have shared their experience using VR headset, which increases lucid kind of dream, I'm just frightened at this time to put on the headset. 

Huh? Are you saying you have more lucid dreams because of playing games in VR? I suppose that's a real possibility because you can get very immersed in a VR game. I know some people who pretty much live in their virtual worlds. But I know some can only play VR for a short period of time before they start to get headaches and eye strain. 

57 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Huh? Are you saying you have more lucid dreams because of playing games in VR? I suppose that's a real possibility because you can get very immersed in a VR game. I know some people who pretty much live in their virtual worlds. But I know some can only play VR for a short period of time before they start to get headaches and eye strain. 

I was a victim of lucid kind of dreams during my childhood. So, any kind of tech that tends bringing it back on me, makes me feel nervous going close to such tech. That's the reason why I've been staying away from VR, I don't want to renew such kind of experience again. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm just not comfortable attempting to open it up. I can try to vaccume the console and see if that helps, bit I'd hate to open it up, because knowing me I'll damage something. And I don't have the money to invest in another xbone at this time. 

Alright mate, just do it your way and I hope that works out for you because having it damaged because you decided to step into an uncomfortable zone of doing what you are not good at isn't a good idea. It's going to suck trying to fix a minor issue and damage the console big time.