Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

One of my friend wanted to make me experience VR for the first time, I didn't fulfil such invitation, and since then I never checked out VR again. Any have shared their experience using VR headset, which increases lucid kind of dream, I'm just frightened at this time to put on the headset. 

I have seen so many hilarious videos of people who were trying out the VR headset and how the end up damaging the tv or just become too immersed in it and forget it's not even real, they had to even hold some of them so they don't run out screaming.

Anyone into playing that VR Chat game? I want to get a VR headset and give that a try. I saw some videos of people mucking around on it and I think it'd make for a fun experience. And content as well. 

Sucks though, because I doubt most of my friends have a VR headset. Maybe one day though. 

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

I have seen so many hilarious videos of people who were trying out the VR headset and how the end up damaging the tv or just become too immersed in it and forget it's not even real, they had to even hold some of them so they don't run out screaming.

That's a bit weird, I wonder what will be running on my mind that will make me to dismantle my TV just because of VR madness. I am tired to the VR, without moving an inch, I wonder the space those people got to smash their TV. 

43 minutes ago, Rainbow Road said:

So I just bought some games digitally. Only because there was no physical verson for them. Persona 4 Arena, Fast RMX, and Granblue Fantasy Versus. All are pretty fun games.

I have played only Persona 4 Arena from the three new games that you recently purchased and it's a thing of beauty. 

I haven't played RMX and Granblue Fantasy Versus. I presume that you have started playing them both. What's the gameplay like for them both? 

38 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I have played only Persona 4 Arena from the three new games that you recently purchased and it's a thing of beauty. 

I haven't played RMX and Granblue Fantasy Versus. I presume that you have started playing them both. What's the gameplay like for them both? 

Yeah. Persona 4 Arena is awesome. One of the best fighting games I've played recently. 

As far as the gameplay for the other two games: Fast RMX is a racing game and the gameplay there is good. Think F-Zero and Wipeout and you pretty much have a general Idea of the game.

As for Granblue: It's good too. It's similar in gameplay to the recently released DNF Duel so the gameplay there is good.

Also I misspoke for Granblue: That has a physical release but It was 48 Dollars. The Digital release is waaaaaaaaay cheaper. It was only 20$ So it was a no Brainer.

16 minutes ago, Rainbow Road said:

Yeah. Persona 4 Arena is awesome. One of the best fighting games I've played recently. 

As far as the gameplay for the other two games: Fast RMX is a racing game and the gameplay there is good. Think F-Zero and Wipeout and you pretty much have a general Idea of the game.

As for Granblue: It's good too. It's similar in gameplay to the recently released DNF Duel so the gameplay there is good.

Also I misspoke for Granblue: That has a physical release but It was 48 Dollars. The Digital release is waaaaaaaaay cheaper. It was only 20$ So it was a no Brainer.

That's more than enough to say thanks for throwing or giving more insight to the other two games. I think that I'm going to more interested in getting and playing Fast RMX, being that I'm a good fan of racing games. I need something to spice up my playing of Gran Turismo 7.

Edited by Heatman

I've never played any of the Persona games. Isn't it based on an anime or manga or something? One of my friends is really into the series, but I don't think it's something I would be into. But to each their own. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Rainbow Road said:

So I just bought some games digitally. Only because there was no physical verson for them. Persona 4 Arena, Fast RMX, and Granblue Fantasy Versus. All are pretty fun games.

That's how I usually buy most games these days. I'm too lazy to wait for the physical releases to get delivered, so I tend to go the digital route most of the time. Just easier for me. But sucks not having the physical versions, as I do like collecting the physical game as well. But these days I can't be bothered lol. 

3 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I've never played any of the Persona games. Isn't it based on an anime or manga or something? One of my friends is really into the series, but I don't think it's something I would be into. But to each their own. 🙂 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's a bit weird, I wonder what will be running on my mind that will make me to dismantle my TV just because of VR madness. I am tired to the VR, without moving an inch, I wonder the space those people got to smash their TV. 

When you have VR headset on you could move your arm around because that's the way you get to control the movement of the characters and that's how they managed to damage their TV's.

You are not necessarily confined to a space when you are using the VR headset.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

When you have VR headset on you could move your arm around because that's the way you get to control the movement of the characters and that's how they managed to damage their TV's.

You are not necessarily confined to a space when you are using the VR headset.

He's probably mixing up a VR headset with a wired gaming headset because even with a wireless headset, you're not confined to one place when making use of them. 

My first experience with a VR headset was so real in ways I never expected it. The piece of technology used in that is incredible. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

He's probably mixing up a VR headset with a wired gaming headset because even with a wireless headset, you're not confined to one place when making use of them. 

My first experience with a VR headset was so real in ways I never expected it. The piece of technology used in that is incredible. 

I think that's a misconception on the part of Justin, though I haven't used the VR headset I know for a certain that you aren't confined to a space because how on Earth are you going to be able control the characters that way.

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The thing with VR, is that you need a lot of space to move around and interact in the virtual world. Some people just sit down to play, but some like to be more immersed and like to move as well. Well, this has caused a lot of people to hit stuff in their homes, because the space they have isn't enough. For me, I don't even know if I can take advantage of VR, because my house is a bit too small. I could maybe make it work in my living room, but that's where my 4K TV is and I don't want to end up running into that. 

Which is why, it's probably recommended to play with others when you're playing VR in this way. Because they can at least guide you away from the expensive stuff lol. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The thing with VR, is that you need a lot of space to move around and interact in the virtual world. Some people just sit down to play, but some like to be more immersed and like to move as well. Well, this has caused a lot of people to hit stuff in their homes, because the space they have isn't enough. For me, I don't even know if I can take advantage of VR, because my house is a bit too small. I could maybe make it work in my living room, but that's where my 4K TV is and I don't want to end up running into that. 

Which is why, it's probably recommended to play with others when you're playing VR in this way. Because they can at least guide you away from the expensive stuff lol. 

You're correct. When you got expensive stuffs, you wouldn't like to risk it due to VR experience. Instead, I'll go to a place set-up for VR and other forms of entertainment, where their will be enough space to move around and be guided to avoid destroying any valuable asset. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

You're correct. When you got expensive stuffs, you wouldn't like to risk it due to VR experience. Instead, I'll go to a place set-up for VR and other forms of entertainment, where their will be enough space to move around and be guided to avoid destroying any valuable asset. 

There are games you can play while sitting down, so you don't need to utilize a full room. But I believe most VR games out there are better suited for a bigger space so you can move around without issue. 

There are also VR devices that you can step into that makes it easier to walk on, but I imagine that would be extremely expensive. Like the Virtusphere device. It's like a circular cage you can step in to play VR games a bit more easily. Here's their site - http://www.virtusphere.com/ 

There's no price info available, they require you to email them for that. I bet it's up there though.