Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

47 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, I guess there's more to it than that. There are sensors all throughout and I guess the floor simulates you walking, so that alone has got to cost a bunch. 

It's freaking above my pay garde. I'm not even going to have a wishful thinking about it because I know 100% sure that it's something that's not going to be realistically achievable for me even in the next 5 years. 

I would like to pass PLEASE!!! 😑 

13 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

$35,000 for a Virtual Reality set up?

It's a ridiculously high price tag, but the cost to make something that looks like the below image can't come cheap. It is made with businesses in mind rather than households; obviously anyone who can spend $35k on a personal VR set up probably earns that money back quickly.

Virtusphere.jpg

Edited by Withywarlock

9 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

It's a ridiculously high price tag, but the cost to make something that looks like the below image can't come cheap. It is made with businesses in mind rather than households; obviously anyone who can spend $35k on a personal VR set up probably earns that money back quickly.

Virtusphere.jpg

And I think that's the cheaper model too, I think the $35,000 model is bigger than that one. I think they even custom make them as well, but I could be wrong. Also, I think all of those green lights are sensors, and I can imagine those costing a lot too. 

On 8/22/2022 at 8:08 PM, Withywarlock said:

I agree with you though, anyone who can afford this also has a means of generating that money back in less than no time.

It would be a good set up for game houses or recreational parks that also has a place for indoor games, you could just pay and play for some few minutes.

I could see people who do video game content buying this, maybe streamers and youtubers. And of course rich people with disposable income. I could see it being good for a VR arcade as well. That'd actually be kinda cool, but I can't see an arcade buying more than one of them. 

32 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I could see people who do video game content buying this, maybe streamers and youtubers. And of course rich people with disposable income. I could see it being good for a VR arcade as well. That'd actually be kinda cool, but I can't see an arcade buying more than one of them. 

It's only going to be a few number of people/gamers that would be comfortable to spend such amount of money on that project. It's for those that it's going to matter most and add more value to their enhanced system and video games engagement. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's only going to be a few number of people/gamers that would be comfortable to spend such amount of money on that project. It's for those that it's going to matter most and add more value to their enhanced system and video games engagement. 

For sure. This is not made for the general public or gamers in general. This is more geared to someone who wants to run a arcade like company, where they have other gaming devices like this. I know there's that omni VR tool so you can walk in games, and there are all kinds of other VR and AR arcade machines out there. This would probably be used at like Disney or something. 

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

For sure. This is not made for the general public or gamers in general. This is more geared to someone who wants to run a arcade like company, where they have other gaming devices like this. I know there's that omni VR tool so you can walk in games, and there are all kinds of other VR and AR arcade machines out there. This would probably be used at like Disney or something. 

Exactly, I would be surprised if the ever weird Elon Musk would decide to jump in on this one and decide to do something unprecedented with it. 

Do you think he's capable of doing that? 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, I would be surprised if the ever weird Elon Musk would decide to jump in on this one and decide to do something unprecedented with it. 

Do you think he's capable of doing that? 

I think VR is more of a Mark Zuckerberg thing, he has been working on various advancement of the VR headset and virtual reality in general including his own virtual reality world - Metaverse.

Mark Zuckerberg is one for the future, he wants to be at the forehead of every innovative project. Him taking Meta higher shows how passionate he wants VR wirld to become popular in our own generation. Those who are disabled in real-life can go for things they weren't able to achieve due to their disability. 

Next, I'll go for the VR gaming, I just want to have the feeling how it operates and how life outside of our world looks like in VR. 

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

I think VR is more of a Mark Zuckerberg thing, he has been working on various advancement of the VR headset and virtual reality in general including his own virtual reality world - Metaverse.

Yeah, that's true about how Mark Zuckerberg have been deeply invested in VR technology. But I'm never ruling out what the man Elon Musk is capable of doing. Just like how he jumped into buying Twitter. Does he have any business with social media? I saw an update the other about his Tweet of buying Manchester United. 

On 8/22/2022 at 2:08 PM, Withywarlock said:

Virtusphere.jpg

Now this is going too far - I'm definitely not spending $35k on something like this.

43 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Now this is going too far - I'm definitely not spending $35k on something like this.

It's definitely not for us. I also can't use it, because i'm over the weight limit, so even if I had the money to get one, I wouldn't be able to use it until I lost some weight. I wonder if they could increase the weight limit one day though. 😄

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's true about how Mark Zuckerberg have been deeply invested in VR technology. But I'm never ruling out what the man Elon Musk is capable of doing. Just like how he jumped into buying Twitter. Does he have any business with social media? I saw an update the other about his Tweet of buying Manchester United. 

Elon musk hasn't pulled through with buying Twitter and there are a lot of controversies around it right now, it has not even been announced anywhere that Twitter is now the property of Elon musk because he hasn't paid for it.

Elon musk had been known to always put up controversial posts on his Twitter and some times they are all just for fun I think.

Well if VR is something he wants to invest in he has every right to.