Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

On 10/18/2022 at 8:33 PM, Akun said:

I was actually lucky with this one as I accidentally stumbled on the news of the pre-order. I can't remember exactly how or where I stumbled on the news - might have been Reddit, might have been a Nintendo article - but I was lucky enough to learn of the pre-order back on March 12, and I just immediately went on Amazon and purchased it. I'm pretty sure it was an article. I think I was scrolling through another unrelated article, and then I saw the Chaos;Head Double Pack article in one of the "trending articles" at the bottom of the page.

But yeah, I'm glad I got the opportunity to buy it, regardless of the circumstances. I did hear that the port isn't the most polished, and people would be better off waiting for the Committee of Zero patch for the PC port, but ah well, I don't regret buying it. I've wanted to play Chaos;Head Noah forever.

I think for anime games, you could check out Steam and follow some of the publishers like Spike Chunsoft, which as you can see from the photo above, was the one which published Chaos;Head. Another one is Sekai Project, but they mostly release visual novels. Once you follow them, and if you have email notifications on, you'll receive emails whenever they release a new project.

If only I was as Interested in anime games as you are, the issue is I can't even get hold of one even if I try to because of how little they are displayed on stores close to me.

Maybe In the future I might get into anime games since I enjoy watching anime as well.

24 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If only I was as Interested in anime games as you are, the issue is I can't even get hold of one even if I try to because of how little they are displayed on stores close to me.

Yeah, I could definitely understand that. Even though Singapore has its anime fanbase - perhaps one almost as large as the American fanbase even - you would have a difficult time finding the specific anime game you want, especially if it's been released for more than six months. Anime games and especially visual novels are still kinda niched in Singapore in spite of being an Asian country.

But that's why I would usually go shopping at Amazon. It's more convenient anyway despite the shipping cost.

24 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Maybe In the future I might get into anime games since I enjoy watching anime as well.

To be honest, I'm more into visual novels than "anime games" generally. I enjoyed anime a lot in the past, and even though I haven't watched it for quite a while (save the Higurashi reboot), I still like the artstyle, but I'm not really into games like Persona 5 or Xenoblade Chronicles 3, which are JRPGs with "anime artstyles." They're just too tedious for someone like me who's more interested in story over gameplay, and visual novels like House of Fata Morgana and Chaos;Head Noah are designed specifically with a focus on storytelling, so interpret that as you will in regards to "my interest in anime games." 😆

Edited by Akun

Anyone think Silent Hills will happen with these new Silent Hill announcements? I think it would be so cool to see that happen. 

Also, I wonder why they didn't start with a remake of silent hill 1. Either way I'm excited. Wonder it Konami will work with Kojima and company again.

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Anyone think Silent Hills will happen with these new Silent Hill announcements? I think it would be so cool to see that happen. 

Also, I wonder why they didn't start with a remake of silent hill 1. Either way I'm excited. Wonder it Konami will work with Kojima and company again.

well cant wait to play remake of silent hill 2 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The original Silent Hill 2 is the most popular of the entire series so that probably influenced their decision.

On 10/19/2022 at 10:30 PM, Akun said:

To be honest, I'm more into visual novels than "anime games" generally. I enjoyed anime a lot in the past, and even though I haven't watched it for quite a while (save the Higurashi reboot), I still like the artstyle, but I'm not really into games like Persona 5 or Xenoblade Chronicles 3, which are JRPGs with "anime artstyles." They're just too tedious for someone like me who's more interested in story over gameplay, and visual novels like House of Fata Morgana and Chaos;Head Noah are designed specifically with a focus on storytelling, so interpret that as you will in regards to "my interest in anime games." 😆

I haven't read an anime novel in decades. Lol

Anime movies are forte like great pretender , Sword of the Stranger (2007) ,Paprika (2006), The Wind Rises (2013) .

I am still trying to cope with persona 5 though I only played it a few times , i like straight forward games like racing game and something with action in it.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The original Silent Hill 2 is the most popular of the entire series so that probably influenced their decision.

True, but I still would have liked to see them start from the first game. Technically you don't have to since both games don't connect. So maybe they will instead do SH2, then do the SH1 and SH3 since those two are sequels to one another. 

Anyway, I know Capcom did it with RE, they started from the first game onward. So idk, kinda weird to me, but we'll see how it goes. 

9 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

I am a bit sceptical about the Silent Hill projects. 😏

I'm not an hardcore silent Hill fan but  I do enjoy the survival and horror genre of video games.

Silent Hill is one of those survival horror games that you can just play and enjoy, its game play is good and I like the story line as well.

20 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

It's just who's behind the games. Their other projects weren't exactly a success. 

One of them released an adventure game about a cat lost in a city. But it's just a storyboard type of thing. Not a game in that traditional sense. 

You're right about not trusting Konami because they've been producing absolute stinkers for over a decade now. You just have to look as far as Metal Gear Survive to see what Konami has really become. The decision to turn PES into a Live Service game was the worst decision they could've made.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You're right about not trusting Konami because they've been producing absolute stinkers for over a decade now. You just have to look as far as Metal Gear Survive to see what Konami has really become. The decision to turn PES into a Live Service game was the worst decision they could've made.

It quite a mishap since PES was my favorite soccer game from PES 2 and up until I switched to playing FIFA.

I sincerely hope they try to maintain what we have come to know PES to be , a few improvement in graphics and performance but the current nature of PES is still golden.

I'm worried about the Silent Hill 2 remake because of how they changed the camera angles. I don't think the game will feature the same unique camera angles the original game did. Like that top down view you get in some areas. I hope that's somewhat part of it with updated controls.

I just hope Bloober team will do it justice. 

On 10/23/2022 at 12:06 PM, Justin11 said:

I'm not an hardcore silent Hill fan but  I do enjoy the survival and horror genre of video games.

I am not a hardcore silent Hill fan either. I am not even a fan of survival horror games. However, I have played a few horror games and I really liked them.