Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

I finally caved and bought a modded Switch. lol Now hear me out, 1) I only bought a new Switch because my old one was a V2 version that was not moddable, and 2) I didn't buy it to perform any illegal piracy or anything. I'll still buy my games like I always do of course, but the reason I needed a modded Switch is because of Chaos;Head Noah and Mages' crappy censorship. There's a fan-patch coming later next month by the Committee of Zero who will patch up both the Steam and Switch version of the game, but for the latter... you need a hacked Switch to patch that crap. Yeah.

And from what I've read about the kind of things they've censored AND the bugs AND the loose translation AND the spelling errors... yeah, it's worth it to buy a hacked Switch just to get the proper experience. I've been waiting a decade to play Chaos;Head, so if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do this right. 😆

On 10/29/2022 at 12:05 PM, Akun said:

I finally caved and bought a modded Switch. lol Now hear me out, 1) I only bought a new Switch because my old one was a V2 version that was not moddable, and 2) I didn't buy it to perform any illegal piracy or anything. I'll still buy my games like I always do of course, but the reason I needed a modded Switch is because of Chaos;Head Noah and Mages' crappy censorship. There's a fan-patch coming later next month by the Committee of Zero who will patch up both the Steam and Switch version of the game, but for the latter... you need a hacked Switch to patch that crap. Yeah.

And from what I've read about the kind of things they've censored AND the bugs AND the loose translation AND the spelling errors... yeah, it's worth it to buy a hacked Switch just to get the proper experience. I've been waiting a decade to play Chaos;Head, so if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do this right. 😆

I so much wanted to know more about modifications but I still haven't been able to get my hands around it.

I heard of the modded switch but it's not really available here as I thought and only a few had access to it, if it takes me a while to be able to Chaos; head Noah I am willing to wait.

Hopefully it's available on my switch OLED version but I don't think it would be as good as the modified version.

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I so much wanted to know more about modifications but I still haven't been able to get my hands around it.

I heard of the modded switch but it's not really available here as I thought and only a few had access to it, if it takes me a while to be able to Chaos; head Noah I am willing to wait.

Hopefully it's available on my switch OLED version but I don't think it would be as good as the modified version.

Yeah, the more I've read about the official unpatched version of Chaos;Head, the more I'm convinced that playing it is an injustice to the story and characters, because the "changes" they've made in censorship totally changed not just the atmosphere of the story, but the motivation of the characters. It's like making Tony Soprano a mundane drugdealer or something instead of a big time mob boss.

The OLED version requires a hard-mod, meaning soldering a mod onto its motherboard or something. Expensive stuff. They sell modded OLEDs for S$850+ a pop over here in Singapore, or $600 USD. The cheap way to mod it, which is what I did, is to buy a Gen 1 Switch that was soft-modded (or buying a second-hand Gen 1 Switch and mod it yourself using YouTube instructional videos).

Edited by Akun

48 minutes ago, Akun said:

The OLED version requires a hard-mod, meaning soldering a mod onto its motherboard or something. Expensive stuff. They sell modded OLEDs for S$850+ a pop over here in Singapore, or $600 USD. The cheap way to mod it, which is what I did, is to buy a Gen 1 Switch that was soft-modded (or buying a second-hand Gen 1 Switch and mod it yourself using YouTube instructional videos).

I knew the OLED would be a hard nut to crack , its  quite an expensive console and modding it only add to the expenses.

I would go for the second hand Gen 1 or better still a new one and try modding it myself.

I just want to have the satisfaction of modding a console myself and playing the unpatched version of chaos; head.

46 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

and playing the unpatched version of chaos; head.

Well, the good news is that the Committee of Zero patch is almost finished, about 98 or 99% done, and should be released by the end of November when they're done fixing up some last minute bugs (a result of the "unpatched version" that you want to play).

17 minutes ago, Akun said:

Well, the good news is that the Committee of Zero patch is almost finished, about 98 or 99% done, and should be released by the end of November when they're done fixing up some last minute bugs (a result of the "unpatched version" that you want to play).

Thanks for the info.

Have you used your modded switch to play any video game so far and which video games do you have on it.

Just now, Justin11 said:

Thanks for the info.

Have you used your modded switch to play any video game so far and which video games do you have on it.

Anytime.

I've only used it to play my usual game so far, House of Fata Morgana. No issue with it, except that with Gen 1 Switches, they might pop up a notification if your game was originally played on another Switch or something: "Checking if the game can be played." It's a little annoying and takes up a few seconds, but no other faults so far. I don't have a lot of Switch games to be honest other than Chaos;Head Double Pack, Pokémon games, and the two Fire Emblem games on Switch.

4 minutes ago, Akun said:

Anytime.

I've only used it to play my usual game so far, House of Fata Morgana. No issue with it, except that with Gen 1 Switches, they might pop up a notification if your game was originally played on another Switch or something: "Checking if the game can be played." It's a little annoying and takes up a few seconds, but no other faults so far. I don't have a lot of Switch games to be honest other than Chaos;Head Double Pack, Pokémon games, and the two Fire Emblem games on Switch.

I don't game much on my OLED, I got OlliOlli world sometime last month and I haven't gotten any game for my switch yet (my switch is mostly used by buddy and siblings).

But I want to get Chaos head and It available on Nintendo eShop couldn't find it on gamepass though and i think it's compatible for switch OLED.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

So they got Ben Stiller, LeBron James and John Travolta into this bizarre God of War: Ragnarök commercial...

Everyone just sitting and saying things that sounds like it doesn't make sense but conveys an important message.

I enjoyed watching this commercial.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

So they got Ben Stiller, LeBron James and John Travolta into this bizarre God of War: Ragnarök commercial...

Ben Stiller can't act IMO. He's one of those actors movie stars who just plays himself in whatever roles he's in. But I guess that's what they were going for here, Ben acting like Ben.

Even John Travolta would've made a better Kratos.

Edited by Akun

On 11/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, thesaunderschild said:

Survival horror fans might want to give this new PS5 game a look.

https://www.thechant.com/

Since that website is being an asshole in forcing compulsory ad-cookies and won't work with an ad-block on, I'll instead link the trailer.  Honestly, @Knight Plug , I'm not sure why you wouldn't just do that to begin with.

It looks kind of interesting, but there's something about it that dulls my excitement. Maybe it's the lighting and game's bright colour pallet that just doesn't scream horror to me.

Edited by Shagger