Register Now
DC

General Gaming Discussion

4 hours ago, Smokey said:

What game will you be playing this Christmas? I'm sure a lot will be playing God of War Ragnarok, myself? I'll be enjoying Tactics Ogre Reborn. ๐Ÿ™‚

Probably Madden NFL 21 or House Flipper. Been playing both as of late. I still intend to jump back into RDR2 sometime soon, as I have yet to finish my second playthrough. Other than that. I have downloaded a bunch of games on gamepass, so I may eventually get to some of those soon.ย 

8 hours ago, Smokey said:

I've watched a friend stream house flipper. It seems like a relaxing game. I've also looked into power wash simulator in the past. ๐Ÿ˜›

I actually enjoyed playing the power was simulator , it was quite hilarious and the characters too.

Did you play the power wash simulator or you just watched streams of it.

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I actually enjoyed playing the power was simulator , it was quite hilarious and the characters too.

Did you play the power wash simulator or you just watched streams of it.

Just watched a stream.ย  I might pick it up in the future though.ย  My backlog is massive so i've been trying to be more selective with what games I purchase.

1 minute ago, Smokey said:

Just watched a stream.ย  I might pick it up in the future though.ย  My backlog is massive so i've been trying to be more selective with what games I purchase.

I do that sometime, I usually have a long list of video games I would like purchase or play but for a good number of them I don't end up playing it so I just watch streams of those video games as a way of Experiencing it.

I didn't own the power wash simulator but my friend does , that's how I even got to know about the simulator.

On 12/1/2022 at 8:02 AM, Smokey said:

I mainly watch GTA V Redline RP streams as they're some of the most hilarious ones on YouTube.

I've been playing a lot of Marvel Snap recently. It's a great free-to-play game that doesn't really incentivize the use of real-world money to boost your rankings thanks to its limited rewards in its microtransactions. You can buy in-game credits to boost your "Collection Level" (which allows you to collect more credits and new cards). However, doing so might inadvertently put you on the path of higher-level players who have better cards than you, so it's not really something wise to do. Thanks to that, plus the consistent weekly mission rewards I can get at a steady pace, I haven't spent hundreds of dollars on this particular f2p game.

However, I have wasted countless hours trying to boost my "Player Rank", which is calculated by 10 "cubes" per rank. You can earn up to 8 cubes per match depending on whether both players agree to bet their cubes for the game (it's refer to as "Snapping" in the game). If only one player snaps, you'd either only win or lose 4 cubes, not the total 8. If you retreat the instant the player snaps, you'd only lose 1 cube.

Now, this does sound a little like poker, doesn't it? Except that it uses the virtual currency of "cubes" instead of real money. However, there is something else at stake on the table, which is your time. Because of how the cube system works, weak-willed individuals like myself might be tempted to win back the cubes they lost in countless hours of gaming... which is what I've been doing for the past week, despite my best attempts at refrain. I ended up thinking at one point, "What the heck am I doing with my life?" as I kept circling around the same player rank because I ended up losing many of my cubes that I won. It's not a perfect gameplay design, despite the developers' best attempts at making this game as enjoyable without paying real money as possible.

So yeah, I have an obvious problem. I think I'm just going to uninstall the game now from my PC and play it on mobile instead (it's available on both platforms). If it's on my mobile, I just feel like I'd be less inclined to touch the game as often since I don't like holding it around for countless hours (as opposed to my more convenient PC). Be aware of this game's problem if you're a gaming addict like me.

Edited by Akun

On 12/8/2022 at 9:28 PM, killamch89 said:

I mainly watch GTA V Redline RP streams as they're some of the most hilarious ones on YouTube.

A friend of mine streams GTA RP on Trovo, they have some pretty hilarious moments. ๐Ÿ˜›ย