Register Now
TomStars

where do you buy games ?

Physical games I tend to buy on ebay or from domestic sellers (mostly cause shipping domestically is much cheaper or I can pick them up myself). Digital games I tend to buy on GreenManGaming, on Steam during sales or from Humble Bundle. I just kinda grab them whenever they're cheap.

I started using sites that compare the price of games. There are several such sites. For example dlcompare and g2troll . My favorite is g2troll.com . There for my simple actions I received a gift card
Steam for 5 euros. And it's really cool

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Typically I get my games on eBay. Occasionally, I'll find a game or two at GameStop. But that's not particularly often.

I find GameStop is kinda shit these days for finding good deals and good games period. At least the local one rarely has decent second hand stuff and the prices are barely different from new games.

5 hours ago, TomStars said:

I started using sites that compare the price of games. There are several such sites. For example dlcompare and g2troll . My favorite is g2troll.com . There for my simple actions I received a gift card
Steam for 5 euros. And it's really cool

I'll have to do my research on this one because that does sounds pretty promising...

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I find GameStop is kinda shit these days for finding good deals and good games period. At least the local one rarely has decent second hand stuff and the prices are barely different from new games.

Very true, but once in a while you can have a bit of luck and find something good there. For example, even though I have always hated the series but wanted to give it one last shot, I found Assassins Creed 2 there for $2.99, and AC 3 there for $4.99. At those prices I didn't see a reason to pass up on one of the most popular franchises on the market as of right now. Like I said I always hated the series, but I wanted to give it another more in depth shot. And whether I like it or not, I'm not losing anything by buying them.

But with the cartridge systems, which is what I spend 95% of my gaming time on, the only place I have to find those games is online, and so far, eBay is the best place I've found to shop from. There is one place in Springfield MO that I refer to as the "holy grail" of video games. It's a simple flea market, but they have hundreds of cartridge games for every cartridge system. They have games that even I had never heard of before. I was there last year, and they had one that I had no idea was even in existence. Who here has played Contra Force? That's one I never had heard of. I couldn't afford what they wanted for it at the time, but it still caught my attention.