Register Now
kingpotato

Best modern 2D plataform games

After checking out some topics here I have an itch for 2D platform games but I want to see something modern, a modern day 2d plataform game. So far I have only been playing Rayman origins, but I want to try something like Hollow knight.
What are the best modern 2D plataform games you have played in this current game generation ?

3 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I recommend checking out Shovel Knight and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Both have amazing music and addictive gameplay. Rad Rodgers is also worth checking out.

I'm in the process of getting shovel knight on the 2ds, I'm surprised I've never heard about those other games

In addition to Rayman Origins per the OP I'd recommend its sequel, Legends. Much more emphasis on rhythm given the musical theme of the game, which works brilliantly with the momentum and speed.

Yooka-Laylee and The Impossible Lair's a good game also, which takes some inspiration from Rayman Legends but not enough to do its rhythm well. Rather it leans more towards the tactical side of platformers with Donkey Kong Country and the mysteries of Super Mario World.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, kingpotato said:

Hollow Knight is hands down the best modern 2d game I have played in a while that and shovel knight. 

Hollow Knight is a very good 2D games. I think my kid brother still plays it till date. I'm going check it out again.