Register Now
StaceyPowers

Which platform is your favorite for gaming?

I figure most people here have gamed on a computer and/or mobile device plus at least one console. But I know some folks here have multiple consoles across different brands, or regularly switch between Microsoft, PlayStation and Nintendo when they buy (I know somebody here mentioned that, but I can’t recall who it was).

For those who have tried multiple platforms, which do you prefer?

I used to favour the computer greatly over the one console I’d tried (an NES when I was a kid) because I found the mouse/keyboard easier to use than the old controller. But now I favour the PS3 because I prefer the DualShock over the mouse/keyboard. It is more intuitive and ergonomic to me.

NES is, and always will be my favorite, with Colecovision and Atari 2600 coming in tied at a close second. I can't help it. I favor the old graphics and simplistic games. I downloaded Q*Bert on my phone the other day. I can't believe I didn't even know it was available this damn long.

To be honest, up until the point I built my first gaming PC, I had owned pretty much every console up to that point but Sony and Nintendo were my favorites and I am still looking into getting a Nintendo Switch or a PS5 next fall. However, I'll never relinquish my true love which is PC gaming #pcmasterrace #consoleswouldntexistwithoutpcs 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

Its been a long time since I even touched Vita. Those days are in past. I don't even know if anything new came for the vita. 

I still have a fair chunk of games I haven't completed on it like the MGS HD collection.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I never owned a vita, but had a ton of PSP’s. And even more GameBoy’s. There was something else I had that was a portable device, but I can’t remember for the life of me what the hell it was. I do know that it wasn’t a Game Gear, though.

Nokia N-Gage?