Register Now
StaceyPowers

Crazy things game companies say

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Whether they said it or not is irrelevant in my opinion. Single player games will never be dead. It's that multiplayer games are more popular at the moment in todays market, and vastly more profitable.

What with it being a profit-driven industry though, it does worry me sometimes. But I think that getting rid of SP entirely would be extremely alienating to a huge number of gamers. I just hope it never happens.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What with it being a profit-driven industry though, it does worry me sometimes. But I think that getting rid of SP entirely would be extremely alienating to a huge number of gamers. I just hope it never happens.

It won't - there will always be a large single-player market because Sony along with other developers and companies always put out quality SP experiences  so it definitely won't die.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I would definitely be one of those alienated gamers. Aside from the allure of classic systems, another reason I stick to the old stuff, is because it is mostly single player. I think the only multiplayer games I have are early Mario games, and fighting games (MK, SF2, etc.). Other than that, virtually everything I own is single player.

57 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Innovation takes a hell of a lot of time and work. I think too many developers have forgotten that.

I agree - they think tweaking an old concept slightly is innovative which is absolute bs. The only time game developers come up with anything innovative is a new type of microtransaction system to swindle us players out of our hard-earned money. I don't see them putting that same kind of energy into making a refreshing experience for us players.