Register Now
StaceyPowers

Longest time you've spent customizing a character?

I read @Alyxx and @killamch89 saying they've spent as much as 5 hours customizing a character's appearance before.

I both laughed when I read this and felt a sense of joy. I love when people really get into things!

I think the longest I've probably spent customizing a character's appearance in a graphical game was maybe 45 min? I think I spent maybe half an hour writing my character description for any MUD I played, but the cool thing about MUDs is that you can update them over time, so collectively I probably spent hours going back over those and changing them as my characters got older and had experiences in the world.

What is the longest you have spent customizing a character?

Considering I am typically never done customizing my character, sometimes  if the game allows it I will continue to just keep customizing my character through the game.

I'm not joking when I say I have literally spent a collective amount of 5-6 hours in a single playthrough on customization alone. Particularly in games like Fallout 4 where there's a shitload of mods that add even more options to the game.

Edited by Alyxx

6 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Considering I am typically never done customizing my character, sometimes  if the game allows it I will continue to just keep customizing my character through the game.

I'm not joking when I say I have literally spent a collective amount of 5-6 hours in a single playthrough on customization alone. Particularly in games like Fallout 4 where there's a shitload of mods that add even more options to the game.

I do tweak my customizations every time I start up the game as well as through the entire playing time so 2+ hours.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

For my initial customization I dont even spend more than 5 minutes. After that I do switch between armors or suits alot , for every mision or quest I try to use a different one.

Customization is like art - it must not be rushed. You have to constantly do it everyday until you get the "perfect look". 

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That is blasphemy! Alright let me ask you this - would you dress up the joker in a nurse costume if it gave you the best stats? XD

if it looks cool and good stats why the hell the not ? I spent many levels in the Witcher 3 with mismatched armor, boots and gloves for the stats (yellow armor, blue gloves, red boots etc)