• FF X
    • FF X2
    • FF XI
    • FF XII
    • FF XIII
    • FF XIV
    • FF XV

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I didn't like FF9 because it was too much of a damn cartoon. It's the same as Zelda Wind Waker to me. I just couldn't play that either because the graphics were flat out sickening to me.

It wasn't just the cartoony graphics although that is a big part of why I didn't like it either, it was the personality of the characters that also turned me off.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It wasn't just the cartoony graphics although that is a big part of why I didn't like it either, it was the personality of the characters that also turned me off.

True. the character development is not fun for FF9 either. 

But at least they bounced back a little bit with FFX and X2 though. They're definitely not the best in the franchise, but they're still leaps and bounds better than 9. I also found it really cool that X2 was the first true sequel in the entire franchise.

Edited by The Blackangel

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

But at least they bounced back a little bit with FFX and X2 though. They're definitely not the best in the franchise, but they're still leaps and bounds better than 9. I also found it really cool that X2 was the first true sequel in the entire franchise.

My favorite summon in Final Fantasy X was Anima for the way it appeared out of the ground and carried your enemies to another dimension where it proceeds to beat the living daylight out of them.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:56 AM, skyfire said:

FFX was kind of felt lot different on many points including anima part. Boss battles with info bars are lot different in FF X. 

It was the first time they introduced that system and to be honest, it was pretty awesome.

Final Fantasy XIII is pretty much the only one I played and I enjoyed it a lot, so you could say that it's my favorite. I wasn't that much fond of it's sequels though. Maybe I should have gave them more time? I often hear critics talk about how Final Fantasy XIII was too linear, but then again lots of games are, so that didn't bug me at all. You get to explore an open-world section near the end of the game anyway so in my eyes that makes up for it. I enjoyed the story and the characters, even if it gets a bit cheesy or sentimental at moments, but the world-building is awesome. I like this weird mix between fantasy and science-fiction. You have high-tech airships on one hand and spells on another hand. I think this genre has a name "science fantasy" but one academic once told me that it's not accurate. Final Fantasy fans are probably more familiar with this. I don't know, maybe the next one I'll ever try as a FF noobie would be Final Fantasy VII, as I heard a lot of positive things about it. 

I personally hated FF XIII. It was just too dull. To me it was a cheesy spin off of Star Wars. I'm not into FF XIV either, but that's because I hate online gaming. I will say that FF XV has absolutely gorgeous graphics, and gripped me immediately. Now if I could only find the goddamn disc...

But hands down, my all time favorite will always be FF VIII.

FF VII is the most successful FF game ever released to date. Most FF players, whether they personally liked it or not, will tell you it's the best one ever. I personally didn't like it at all, but I'm in a very small minority there.

Edited by The Blackangel