Register Now
The Blackangel

Absolute Worse Games In History (Not By Opinion)

This isn't about sales or personal opinions. This post is about the absolute worst ideas for games that actually made it to production. The ones that made almost literally everyone involved in the video game market think "WTF is wrong with you people?". There's most likely more games than I know about, but the one that sticks out for me is by far, Shaq-Fu. It's a beat 'em up fighting game from what I can tell. Or is it an adventure? Is it a MK/SF2 style game? Is it a portrayal of what you have to do to become a professional athlete? This game crosses so many boundaries that I don't even know how to classify it.

Action 52 (NES) - I'm sure most of us know about this $200 POS (old NES gamers anyways). I can't believe my father bought me this crap as a kid and he paid $200?! Out of the 52 games, I don't think even 10 of them function as intended and those 10 (probably less) games were absolute garbage.

Action 52 was frightening as a concept. If memory serves me correctly, I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-40 of the games were space shooters. That's well over half of all the games on the cartridge. I always wondered if the reason behind that was due to a lack of memory on the cart, and they had to cram whatever they could into it just to hit that quantity of games. They obviously were more worried about quantity over quality.

Another game that could arguably be called one of the worst is Battletoads. The spin off from TMNT is obvious even to the blind. But that’s not the problem. The concept of the game was a good idea. The difficulty issue is where the problem lies. It’s hard enough in single player, but in co-op mode the difficulty is amplified 100 fold. Because now you have to worry about the other player. Their attacks against enemies see no difference between them and you. And if one on you screws up, both of you suffer the consequences. Take the jet bike level. One player misses a jump, you both die. The difficulty of the game was just way too much for the era. Even now it’s still a little much.

53 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Another game that could arguably be called one of the worst is Battletoads. The spin off from TMNT is obvious even to the blind. But that’s not the problem. The concept of the game was a good idea. The difficulty issue is where the problem lies. It’s hard enough in single player, but in co-op mode the difficulty is amplified 100 fold. Because now you have to worry about the other player. Their attacks against enemies see no difference between them and you. And if one on you screws up, both of you suffer the consequences. Take the jet bike level. One player misses a jump, you both die. The difficulty of the game was just way too much for the era. Even now it’s still a little much.

That does sound pretty horrible especially the part where if one of you messes up you both die. That would mean if your partner is a noob you were screwed before you even started playing.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:51 AM, killamch89 said:

Quite the contrary, if you read the comics you'd know that Superman is incredibly overpowered to the point he can phase through objects. The game is just replicating that...🤣

LOL. but that would pretty much end the game. 

On 11/3/2019 at 5:49 PM, killamch89 said:

That does sound pretty horrible especially the part where if one of you messes up you both die. That would mean if your partner is a noob you were screwed before you even started playing.

Actually it didnt matter if you where both good, accidentally killing your partner happened very often xD. Battletoads was fun but it was an unfair game with an unnecessary high difficulty