Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
kingpotato

Death Stranding reviews : divided reviews

I just read 5 different reviews of Death Stranding and it seems everyone has mixed feelings about the game, some are giving it scores as low as 6.8/10 like IGN others 3/5  or 7/10 but a large portion of critics is giving the game 9/10 or even 5/5. It seems the complaints and compliments are everywhere as well, from the story to the game play to the setting and the open world.

Kojima's stories tend to be very deep with a lot of physiological and mythological meaning integrated into the plot so it doesn't surprise me that some people wouldn't like the story because it'll take a lot of thinking to decipher. Nowadays, gamers are used to mainly dumbed-down games so when something like this comes along, they'll tend to dislike it because it forces them to actually think...

That's true, Kojima definitely takes things deeper. And in fact the thing about the game is it can be possibly a new franchise with multiple sequels if they decides to extend the universe with various stories. I guess some people just dont' appreciate such depth. 

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

That's true, Kojima definitely takes things deeper. And in fact the thing about the game is it can be possibly a new franchise with multiple sequels if they decides to extend the universe with various stories. I guess some people just dont' appreciate such depth. 

No they don't. They prefer shallow games with lots of action but no story.

Yeah that's one reason why battle royale model and the CS + CS:GO is selling since mid 20xx to 2019. People just go for random hax content.