Register Now
mont86

Laptop computers are popular ?

Either way, the best you can get is an HP. Unless you’re going specifically for a gaming laptop.  Anything else and HP is the best you can get. Also stay as far away from anything Dell as you can get. Dell is the most pathetic excuse for any form of computer in existence. They never work, and only cost you money that you’re never going to see again. I was constantly having to fix the damn things at the technical school when I was in HS before I dropped out. I kept telling them to get HP systems, but the district had some kind of contracts with Dell. But I heard that after the contracts expired they threw the worthless things in the trash and signed on with a worthwhile brand.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Either way, the best you can get is an HP. Unless you’re going specifically for a gaming laptop.  Anything else and HP is the best you can get. Also stay as far away from anything Dell as you can get. Dell is the most pathetic excuse for any form of computer in existence. They never work, and only cost you money that you’re never going to see again. I was constantly having to fix the damn things at the technical school when I was in HS before I dropped out. I kept telling them to get HP systems, but the district had some kind of contracts with Dell. But I heard that after the contracts expired they threw the worthless things in the trash and signed on with a worthwhile brand.

yep, HP is the best brand to get if you are not into gaming, my girlfriend has one and in the last 3 years we never had the need to have it repaired , not even once, aside of course from the occasional cleaning and other stuff that I do that myself.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:03 PM, mont86 said:

Any suggestions on specs to look for.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, mont86 said:

What do you guys use ? PC or tablets ? I know a lot of people have been using tablets and gotten away from PC and laptops

This depends on the main purpose of the PC and what your budget is. If you can kindly provide this information, I can give you personal recommendations for specifications, brands and Laptops that best suit your needs. I use a PC, an acer Laptop to be more specific. 

Edited by Alexander.

I do have a gaming laptop but it depends on what you do with it. For instance, in addition to gaming, I do edit videos and some graphic design and whiteboard animation work. Laptops are very portable but the downside is that they're expensive to fix and you typically can't do it yourself unless you're a pro at it.

Laptops are not always popular unless you are at collage and or work related and I used to be like that, collage person who is always at collage from 8am till 5pm on weekdays. and having your own laptop and or gaming rig laptop with you was the best way to go and at the time for me it was perfect and I love my laptop that I had back then, Asus rog gaming laptop that I had for three years

On 4/7/2021 at 9:16 AM, Empire said:

Laptops are not always popular unless you are at collage and or work related and I used to be like that, collage person who is always at collage from 8am till 5pm on weekdays. and having your own laptop and or gaming rig laptop with you was the best way to go and at the time for me it was perfect and I love my laptop that I had back then, Asus rog gaming laptop that I had for three years

Asus Rog laptops rule! My previous gaming laptop was a Acer Nitro Black Edition and it served me well for close to 4 years until I sold it.

On 4/9/2021 at 1:04 AM, killamch89 said:

Asus Rog laptops rule! My previous gaming laptop was a Acer Nitro Black Edition and it served me well for close to 4 years until I sold it.

Only 4 years, what happen to it afterwards. I used to have a Asus rog gaming laptop myself that lasted that same amount and when I het to ship it over as I had to move country to country and was in stoarge for five months and once I got it back I had to throw it again and seel the good parts since the chip on the board failed and Motherboard had to be replaced. Since then I had no more gaming laptops

On 4/11/2021 at 5:56 AM, Empire said:

Only 4 years, what happen to it afterwards. I used to have a Asus rog gaming laptop myself that lasted that same amount and when I het to ship it over as I had to move country to country and was in stoarge for five months and once I got it back I had to throw it again and seel the good parts since the chip on the board failed and Motherboard had to be replaced. Since then I had no more gaming laptops

it's possible that it was damaged during the moving process. I've seen how shipping companies handle "fragile" items - Sometimes, I wonder if I was begging them to ship it or did I pay out of my own pocket because of how they treat very fragile items.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

it's possible that it was damaged during the moving process. I've seen how shipping companies handle "fragile" items - Sometimes, I wonder if I was begging them to ship it or did I pay out of my own pocket because of how they treat very fragile items.

It was the weather or climate to also to blame, just think about it being on a shipping container going from point a to b over the seas and how old and wet it can be, and that can me or made the chip failed. Then again no idea it was failing before. Shocking part that I did not able to get a replacement or insurance claim

7 hours ago, Empire said:

It was the weather or climate to also to blame, just think about it being on a shipping container going from point a to b over the seas and how old and wet it can be, and that can me or made the chip failed. Then again no idea it was failing before. Shocking part that I did not able to get a replacement or insurance claim

Yeah - it's best to pay for the coverage package when buying a gaming laptop at that price because it'll save you in the long run. I know most companies don't offer a replacement package with your gaming laptop - it's usually optional.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:32 PM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - it's best to pay for the coverage package when buying a gaming laptop at that price because it'll save you in the long run. I know most companies don't offer a replacement package with your gaming laptop - it's usually optional.

Didnot even have that option, I mean it's already almost two years old and would you think that  insurance that I had, insurance that covers all should coved it. In fact we had many items that got brokern 😞 and the insurance was like, Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry... we can't. Turns out we sent information t them, waiting weeks and months then they said that our insurance expired. They all in it to make money