Register Now
The Blackangel

Ever bought a game with no real intention of playing it?

Has anyone else done this? I bought Festers Quest (NES) a few years ago, and never had any real intention of playing it. The reason I bought it was because I remember seeing the commercials for it when I was a kid, and I remember desperately wanting it. Now that I'm an adult, I was finally able to get it. I've seen the gameplay, and know the mechanics of the game are pure shit. So if I was to play it, for me it would require a Game Genie. So it may have been a bit of nostalgia that led me to buy it. I'm not sure. But I was just curious if anyone else has ever done this.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:25 AM, The Blackangel said:

. The reason I bought it was because I remember seeing the commercials for it when I was a kid, and I remember desperately wanting it

I've never done this specifically, but I can relate to it. When I was young, my parents had really strict controls on what we watched on TV, listened to, read, etc. So, I have this long list of old TV shows to catch up on, and I Must Watch All Of Them. It is as much about "finally doing the thing" as it is about any present interest. It also means if I am even remotely curious about anything in the present, I have to check it out. Because, you know, I can now, and it's impossible to take that sort of thing for granted.

I've bought Killing Floor in case I got tired of Left4Dead (fun zombie first person shooter that I played with a friend) and in case I found somebody else to play it with since I lost said friend (long story) and don't have other friends who play video games. So, no intentions of playing it at the time of purchase, or now for that matter. Don't feel like killing zombies alone.

By the way, quick question, off topic, sorry. People on console can't play multiplayer games with people on PC right?

Also, 'Hi guys. Sorry I've been MIA. I've not been playing. Only Sims 4.'

Edited by LadyDay

12 hours ago, LadyDay said:

By the way, quick question, off topic, sorry. People on console can't play multiplayer games with people on PC right?

You can play together on some games. For example Final Fantasy 14 is playable on PC and console. And you can join your friends from either platform.

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

If you have purchased the humble bundle  games, then the random game which you don't even want to play or even ever play would be in your pack. I think it happens with most of the gaming bundles out there. 

What is humble bundle? I’ve never heard of it.