Register Now
kingpotato

People dying from gaming too much

The other I listened to a story of a Thai teenager who died of a stroke after days of playing an online game day and night. There are many stories like this of people dying because they spent too much time gaming. Of course the direct cause of death is different in each case , dehydration, a stroke, thrombosis etc. but at the end gaming addiction was the start of it.
I remember back in high school I used to spent weekends playing all night long sometimes up to 10 hours straight playing Halo, COD and Gears 3, but last night I fell asleep around 10 pm playing COD in my couch after only 2 hours and I'm barely 24 xD. Anyway what do you guys think ? is there a thing as too much playing ?

images (3).jpg

Oh well, it was pretty obvious that he will die, i mean gaming straight for lot of days without doing anything else is surely deadly, i'm also wondering how his parents didn't pay attention to that or how he himself was able to do that, the dude must have some other mental disease....

Hear it all the time that people die from smoking, from drinking. You can die from simply riding on airplanes for long periods as well as suffer significant eye strain from watching netflix.

The point is an unhealthy lifestyle is the cause here.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Hear it all the time that people die from smoking, from drinking. You can die from simply riding on airplanes for long periods as well as suffer significant eye strain from watching netflix.

The point is an unhealthy lifestyle is the cause here.

Oh for sure. Gaming for long hours is essentially the same as watching TV for long hours. Same sitting in the same spot for hours on end. etc. 

Poor health, poor blood circulation, etc. 

This could be solved by getting up every couple hours to stretch, move around, get your body moving more. Like taking a break for a little bit. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh for sure. Gaming for long hours is essentially the same as watching TV for long hours. Same sitting in the same spot for hours on end. etc. 

Poor health, poor blood circulation, etc. 

This could be solved by getting up every couple hours to stretch, move around, get your body moving more. Like taking a break for a little bit. 

Yes, like that BUTTT

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

We can't all do that. If you're in a wheelchair, you're screwed for getting up and moving around.

I agree, I mean if you was a real life pilot and or passger on a 10 hours flight you be seating down for 10 hours long

On 11/16/2019 at 6:30 PM, Alyxx said:

It is too much when you start sacrificing sleep, proper meals and exercise yeah

I agree with this. 

It is important to game in moderation I feel. Take regular breaks and make sure that you an enjoy gaming in a way that does not interfere with the health of your life outside of gaming. I know how easy it is from personal experience to get sucked into poor habits and game for way too long. What I can say is that is not healthy, and you should at any opportunity try to snap out of these habits and look for reasons to take breaks. 

47 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that can really mess one up big time. Bad gaming habits is detrimental to human health. 

Everything in excess should be avoided. Let it be gaming or anything. I have seen many people remain glued with their console all day long. Playing sometime is good, but behaving crazy is what to be avoided. 

7 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Everything in excess should be avoided. Let it be gaming or anything. I have seen many people remain glued with their console all day long. Playing sometime is good, but behaving crazy is what to be avoided. 

It's actually why when it comes kids playing, a parent or guardian should try as much as possible to regulate the child's play in order to make sure everything is in moderation. 

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I totally agree - doing anything in excess usually leads to extreme complications. For example, if you drink too much water without urinating, you can die from water poisoning! In everything, one has to find balance.