Register Now
StaceyPowers

Amazing Details in Game Environments

In Skyrim last night, I realized I was “going through the motions” rather mindlessly on a quest, and that the experience was becoming repetitious. So, I randomly looked at a tree stump and thought, “playthroughs don’t have to be repetitious; I can stroll over and examine this tree stump right now.” So I did, and was quite startled when I saw ants moving all over it. I never noticed ants crawling on stumps on any previous playthroughs, and I’ve been playing this game monthly for years. It was a cool moment.

What are some small details like these which you have spotted only after a long time in a game environment?

@kingpotato @killamch89 @skyfire @The Blackangel @Alyxx @DylanC

On 11/16/2019 at 4:57 PM, The Blackangel said:

Something weird happened to me in FF8 this year that I had never once seen before. A fucking Bite Bug farted on me. I know it farted because that’s what it said at the top of the screen.

😐😑😐

hahahaha wtf really ?😆

Yep sometimes you can find amazing details in games. On skyrim I once found cockroaches on dungeon, I freaked out thinking it was some kind of bug (game bug) but it turned out to be actual bugs xD

This also happens on some COD games, if you look at the gun closely when fire sometimes you can notice the hammer moving, or the flash the gun makes is different from gun to gun.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

hahahaha wtf really ?😆

Yeah. Really.

You know when a character attacks with something other than a standard physical attack, or tries to draw magic, a gray bar appears at the top of the screen that says what is happening? Well the Bite Bug will fly up at you and a cloud of sickly greenish gas will hit you, while that gray bar is at the top of the screen and says "fart".

The first time that happened I had to pause the game for about a half hour trying to figure out if I had really just seen what I thought I had seen. I more or less convinced myself at the time that I just misread it.

Then it happened again. More than once.

I'm wondering if these may be the same guys that created Conkers Bad Fur Day.

Edited by The Blackangel