Register Now
The Blackangel

Lay or Stand?

Any console I've had, I've normally laid flat because I might get a bit clumsy and knock it over. I can probably find another $500 but why would I want spend the same console money twice when I can simply lay it flat to prevent such a scenario

My PS2 just has its own stand and whatnot anyway that I place on top of the TV, and the TV that I had back then was big and not like how TVs are nowadays. I did not worry about how to play it or standing it or get a stand, it was common sense, to be honest.

Seeing people with PS5 and have no idea how to stand it up right, lol

On 4/11/2021 at 10:12 AM, Patrik said:

For thermal reasons, you have to use it when being stand, you don't only save yourself space as mentioned, but also avoid thermal throttling that has an impact over your console's performance

I use to by cooling pads for my consoles so laying them down was never a problem for me.

On 4/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, The Blackangel said:

Yeah, but if you stand them on end, then you don't have to spend the extra money to buy a cooling pad. Also, in my personal experience, those things don't always do the job and end up adding more heat than they dispel.

Yeah you have a point but it depends on the space you have as well. Plus, I might get clumsy and just knock it over...