Register Now
kingpotato

Google Stadia is out...and its bad

Google Stadia has officially launched, quoting the review I read for the system Stadia is a cloud service that runs games on Google’s servers, then beams them to your device. You can play on a TV, on a phone, or on a PC. Basically you dont need a console, all you need is a google account and internet connection. So far it looks good and it play good. But here comes the obvious problem, it has a lot of lag.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/game-reviews/google-stadia-review/

6 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I kind of expected initial reactions like this. I think the tech is 5G level and we are yet to be in that phase as of now. 

True, the concept is good but the technology is not there yet. I mean how many people do pay for an internet connect that can support 4k streaming ? 

On 11/19/2019 at 10:29 PM, kingpotato said:

True, the concept is good but the technology is not there yet. I mean how many people do pay for an internet connect that can support 4k streaming ? 

Yeah even 1080p takes a lot of bandwidth. The thing is that I dont see it would be picked up by majority people. Most likely next few weeks or month gamers would pick it up. 

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah even 1080p takes a lot of bandwidth. The thing is that I dont see it would be picked up by majority people. Most likely next few weeks or month gamers would pick it up. 

And it consumes a lot of data cap, to be able to run at 1080p it uses around 7gb per hour.

I'm pretty sure it's just like any other system. A lot of bugs in the software on initial launch that they need to work out. And way too many power requirements that most gamers simply can't afford at the moment. Give it a year or two, fix the bugs, then relaunch the Stadia, and we'll see how it goes.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I've called this one since last year so it didn't surprise me one bit. With Steam, Sony and Xbox releasing their own versions right around the corner, the Google Stadia will fade into dust. 

I think Google Stadia being agnostic to platforms, I think it has more chances of demand though.